Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge car park

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If coming from Brighton, will mean negotiating the footbridge over the railway line, and then the long uphill gradient to the stadium, so probably not.

The gradient will still be there after the long walk from the Bridge Car Park and you use the slope anyway not the footbridge, after the game the queue can be bypassed if on crutches

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I wouldn't. It's uphill all the way and at 71 I personally find it quite a hike. On crutches I should think it would be misery. Park and ride seems easily your best bet...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
On the topic of Bridge Road, I presume the club operate this car park?

Why oh why can't they speak with Sussex Police and ask if they are able to assist in terms of allowing cars out of the car park in a far quicker manner? It's strikingly obvious that the traffic lights after the railway bridge are the reason for the major delays getting cars out and surely this needs to be addressed.

Traffic coming from either side of that junction is minimal compared to the flow of traffic coming out the car park trying to get on the A27! It would make life so much easier for all drivers and also the stewards. Every week it's almost ending up in punch ups with drivers almost fighting to get out of there.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm a 2nd row/ no 8 ! 6'5" and built like a brick shit house.....definitely one of the fatties :lolol:
I phoned the club but the girl I spoke to said the bridge car park was the best they could offer !
I'm sure I'll manage somehow !

Hmm. Maybe you got through to someone who doesn't know what rules can be bent. Tomorrow may be a bit late, but I'd be inclined to call again, and ask for Jenny Gower (or possibly just email her). She's in charge of supporter services. Bennett's field is the obvious choice, if you can get on the list.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On the topic of Bridge Road, I presume the club operate this car park?

Why oh why can't they speak with Sussex Police and ask if they are able to assist in terms of allowing cars out of the car park in a far quicker manner? It's strikingly obvious that the traffic lights after the railway bridge are the reason for the major delays getting cars out and surely this needs to be addressed.

Traffic coming from either side of that junction is minimal compared to the flow of traffic coming out the car park trying to get on the A27! It would make life so much easier for all drivers and also the stewards. Every week it's almost ending up in punch ups with drivers almost fighting to get out of there.

A couple of matches ago, the police did just that. Two bikes and they held up traffic traveling East and West and allowed cars from the bridge to sail out. It was wonderful.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm a 2nd row/ no 8 ! 6'5" and built like a brick shit house.....definitely one of the fatties :lolol:
I phoned the club but the girl I spoke to said the bridge car park was the best they could offer !
I'm sure I'll manage somehow !

Dont knacker yourself for no reason. Get whoever is driving to drop you at the university sports centre car park and get the free disability minibus across to meet them at the ground after they've parked at bridge.
Walk down to bridge on your crutches after the game. It's downhill and by the time you get down the exit will be pretty clear

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of matches ago, the police did just that. Two bikes and they held up traffic traveling East and West and allowed cars from the bridge to sail out. It was wonderful.

I bet nobody wrote to the club to say how brilliant it was and asking for it to become a permanent fixture.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Speaking with an entirely parochial hat on, it would also make such a difference (but negatively) to those of us that exit the uni car park directly opposite!

I'm not sure, but I imagine the police may have taken turns allowing bridge and then uni traffic. The uni queue was never that bad in comparison to the bridge in any case.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm not sure, but I imagine the police may have taken turns allowing bridge and then uni traffic. The uni queue was never that bad in comparison to the bridge in any case.

Not sure on your first point. I agree with your second, but if the police were to dramatically lengthen the "green light" for the Bridge users, the uni queue would inevitably lengthen. That said, there has to be a middle ground, where Bridge users can get out more quickly than currently, without creating Bridge-like issues for the Uni users...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure on your first point. I agree with your second, but if the police were to dramatically lengthen the "green light" for the Bridge users, the uni queue would inevitably lengthen. That said, there has to be a middle ground, where Bridge users can get out more quickly than currently, without creating Bridge-like issues for the Uni users...

One advantage of the uni is the East exit. Those heading east can swiftly depart. Two exits. Such a luxury.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
One advantage of the uni is the East exit. Those heading east can swiftly depart. Two exits. Such a luxury.

Oh, quite so. Exit speed is the primary reason I chose the uni over the Bridge. That said, I'd happily sacrifice some (some!) of the time advantage in order to allow a better get-away for Bridge users.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh, quite so. Exit speed is the primary reason I chose the uni over the Bridge. That said, I'd happily sacrifice some (some!) of the time advantage in order to allow a better get-away for Bridge users.

This going to sound a tad ignorant..but what route do you take from your car to get to the ground and how long does it take you.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This going to sound a tad ignorant..but what route do you take from your car to get to the ground and how long does it take you.

It depends on how early I get there. There are 5 separate car parks that able-bodied punters can use. The stewards direct you to the nearest unfilled one on arrival. Then the route is always under the A27 and over the railway bridge. Time = 7-10 mins, I'd guess, depending on which car park I get in to. Enough info?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It depends on how early I get there. There are 5 separate car parks that able-bodied punters can use. The stewards direct you to the nearest unfilled one on arrival. Then the route is always under the A27 and over the railway bridge. Time = 7-10 mins, I'd guess, depending on which car park I get in to. Enough info?

Yes thank you

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here