Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I saw them a few weeks ago. I find the album a bit "twee" but they're a different prospect live. They're prone to heavier sounds and going off on psych based instrumentals. Enjoy

Absolutely cracking live! The place was heaving. Agree with your view on the album - live they're very different. We were also impressed with support act Ulrika Spacek - new London indie rock band - very very good. Like a male Warpaint, with splashes of J&MC. Downloaded their album off the back of their performance and not disappointed.

I love gigging.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Absolutely cracking live! The place was heaving. Agree with your view on the album - live they're very different. We were also impressed with support act Ulrika Spacek - new London indie rock band - very very good. Like a male Warpaint, with splashes of J&MC. Downloaded their album off the back of their performance and not disappointed.

I love gigging.

I quite like the album, but one of the singers is definitely better than the other....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I love gigging.

They were surprisingly good in the flesh. :thumbsup: On the latter point, of gigging, I totally agree. Of all the things I do holding a beer and watching some music if definitely my favourite.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Off to the 70's weekend in Bognor. Osmonds, Slade, Brotherhood of man, Heatwave, Glitter Band,
And Mud, Bowie, T Rex, Quo tribute bands.
Should be a good weekend.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A great week for Dictionary Pudding promoted gigs ended with Silver Apples last night. I was trying to work out if I had ever seen anyone older than 78 before on stage playing to an appreciate all ages audience who were dancing away to most tracks. I don't think so. Seated throughout it was an impressive achievement and Simeon clearly wanted to play beyond the ridiculously early curfew. I missed one of the support bands to Cowtown on Wednesday- Melt Bananarama. Anyone know much about them? I am guessing they play Japanese one minute thrash metal versions of Bananarama songs? I remain intrigued.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I looked at the WGT link and am massively surprised at the number of tickets left for this, given a) she's very good and b) she seems to have plenty of the 'right' people on board.

She or her people might want to have a word with the promoter though, given that WGT tells you how many tickets are left, it's always best to create the illusion of scarcity and top up the allocation gradually as you sell them. There's basically no incentive to buy an advance ticket otherwise.

#promotertricks

It was absolutely rammed in the end, btw. Great gig

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One last shout out for Mammothfest this weekend. Brighton's very own 3 day extreme metal fest. Weekend and advance sunday tickets now sold out, but still friday and saturday tickets available. A very good lineup in my opinion particularly looking forward to the Black Metal night with Eastern Front and The Infernal Sea at the Green Door Store friday, Venom Inc at the Concorde 2 on saturday alongside the ridiculously brutal Ingested. Sunday sees possibly the best collection of stoner/doom bands around with Conan, Serpent Venom, Boss Keloid and Brighton's own magnificent King Goat amongst others. Friday night at the Haunt features the more progressive side of extreme metal with Textures, Heart of a Coward and the highly touted Krysthla.

If you fancy having your head sonically caved in this weekend I recommend it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just managed to bag tickets for one of the Kraftwerk album shows in Antwerp. Closing in on the complete set of 8 albums now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck, fingers crossed. I do too. It will sell out in minutes whatever the prices turn out to be.

They're doing a full UK tour so hopefully that will take some of the heat off of the RAH dates.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope so :thumbsup:. Last time they played the Tate Modern Turbine Hall the tickets were changing hands for upwards of £1k a pair.

And there was the ticket system collapse. Good luck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This will make any honest gig goer sick. Some scum agency selling tickets at ridiculous prices before they are even on general sale.
http://www.stereoboard.com/kraftwerk-tickets/london

For the Katalog shows they have very strict ticketing ie you have to supply names which are printed on the tickets and ID checked to get entry. I've done 4 Katalog shows in three different cities so far and it's been the same. I'm surprised they are not doing this for their regular gigs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here