Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is an interesting report. Four polling organisations work with exactly the same raw data and come up very different results.

While this is nominally about Trump v Clinton, it does give some insight in how pollsters got things so wrong in this country. If there's a wide discrepancy on the data, before we start talking about sampling and whether questions are neutral, it's a wonder that polls aren't even further apart

I think it's very easy to draw a line from close in the polls to better ratings for cable news networks.

It really isn't in Fox, CNN etc best interest to predict a landslide victory, for anybody, certainly not in September.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Will Trump win ? Never underestimate the power of a large number of stupid people.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think he'll win, but he'll have the honour of being the first ever President to be successfully impeached.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We basically find ourselves in a position where every political leader or potential leader in every country bar Canada and Germany is a dickhead. Doesn't bode well for humanity.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Trudeau is a complete and utter wanker. Or dickhead as you put it.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Worryingly I think he has a lot of momentum right now and could well win it. A combination of terrorist activity, Hilary's health and anger from the black community against the existing authority structures could create a perfect set of circumstances for him. Being the continuity option these days is far from a guarantee of success. A simple narrative based on scapegoats and silver bullet solutions is attractive to many desperate people although I am utterly mystified as to how people can see Trump as an anti-establishment option.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Worryingly I think he has a lot of momentum right now and could well win it. A combination of terrorist activity, Hilary's health and anger from the black community against the existing authority structures could create a perfect set of circumstances for him. Being the continuity option these days is far from a guarantee of success. A simple narrative based on scapegoats and silver bullet solutions is attractive to many desperate people although I am utterly mystified as to how people can see Trump as an anti-establishment option.
Yep....by voting for Hilary you're voting for the same old shite and the USA needs big changes and someone with balls to do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep....by voting for Hilary you're voting for the same old shite and the USA needs big changes and someone with balls to do it.

But I'm not sure a homophobic racist misogynist is the way forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody's perfect but I'd suspect the weird and wonderful world of the USA has many people that agree with him in many ways although people will also look past that as gibberish talk.

There's millions of Americans that agree with him, not to mention those that would rather vote for mass extinction than Hillary.
In fairness I'd imagine that Venn diagram has a substantial middle section.

The problems arise from the fact that those voters are fully represented.
Whereas many voter registration laws have been specifically designed to keep poor, coloured voters out of the poling both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression_in_the_United_States

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Interesting how ignorance, narcissism, prejudice, rudeness and egotism can be viewed as equating to balls. Someone like Mandela who could be viewed as the antithesis of Trump in style and personality would make Trump's genital arrangements look like a sparrow's gonads.

No fan of Hilary and I think change is needed but just because someone can turn politics into a strip cartoon means they can get votes but not that they have the ability to deliver anything.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think he'll win, but he'll have the honour of being the first ever President to be successfully impeached.

This was explained to me yesterday. Bill Clinton was successfully impeached. The vote at his impeachment was to keep him in office. Taking a vote on whether to throw out a president is an impeachment.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Interesting how ignorance, narcissism, prejudice, rudeness and egotism can be viewed as equating to balls. Someone like Mandela who could be viewed as the antithesis of Trump in style and personality would make Trump's genital arrangements look like a sparrow's gonads.

No fan of Hilary and I think change is needed but just because someone can turn politics into a strip cartoon means they can get votes but not that they have the ability to deliver anything.

Spot. The ****. On

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It is still very possible that Trump can win. The debates will be interesting. Politics is fun right now isn't it? Poor America, what a choice some say!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This was explained to me yesterday. Bill Clinton was successfully impeached. The vote at his impeachment was to keep him in office. Taking a vote on whether to throw out a president is an impeachment.

Clinton was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice by the House of Representatives but then acquitted by the Senate. The impeachment needs to go through both houses. Nixon would have been inevitably impeached but he resigned rather than suffer the indignity of being the first ever successfully impeached president. There hasn't been a president that has been "successfully" impeached, but Trump strikes me as the kind of guy that would ride an impeachment all the way to the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here