Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's a Free Agent now so can sign for any club he wants at any time

He can sign and train with them but cannot play, which coming back from injury he will want to do, unless it is with a manager who knows him like Russel Slade who is prepared to just have him training to be ready in January.

I asked about Aldershot or Woking and apparently he has tweeted he can only play for teams like Whitehawk and below.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought Dean was a legend for us and feel for him unless he asked to be let go it seems a very spiteful thing to do by Orient.
However I still dislike them from our dark days when Barry wanted us to get docked three points after the 3-3 draw....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He can sign and train with them but cannot play, which coming back from injury he will want to do, unless it is with a manager who knows him like Russel Slade who is prepared to just have him training to be ready in January.

I asked about Aldershot or Woking and apparently he has tweeted he can only play for teams like Whitehawk and below.
Uh...why couldn't he play? As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rules to say he couldn't unless his new club was his third of the season.

Oh, or if he signs for a PL team, in which case he'd need to be registered in the 25 man squad already, but I think that unlikely.

Edit; Just noticed the mention of Leyton Orient still holding his registration higher up the the thread, that would make sense

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Uh...why couldn't he play? As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rules to say he couldn't unless his new club was his third of the season.

Oh, or if he signs for a PL team, in which case he'd need to be registered in the 25 man squad already, but I think that unlikely.

Edit; Just noticed the mention of Leyton Orient still holding his registration higher up the the thread, that would make sense
The rule is that you can only sign for a new club if you are a free agent before the previous transfer window shuts.

This is to stop clubs simply making players free agents at any time to get round the transfer windows.

To be made a free agent of course the player has to agree or have the rest of his contract fully paid up.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The rule is that you can only sign for a new club if you are a free agent before the previous transfer window shuts.

This is to stop clubs simply making players free agents at any time to get round the transfer windows.

To be made a free agent of course the player has to agree or have the rest of his contract fully paid up.

Aah I didn't know that (obviously!), thank you for imparting some helpful knowledge!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I thought Dean was a legend for us and feel for him unless he asked to be let go it seems a very spiteful thing to do by Orient.
However I still dislike them from our dark days when Barry wanted us to get docked three points after the 3-3 draw....

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a 4-4 draw.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
He must have upset someone up there for them to be so spiteful as to release him after the 31st, stopping him playing in the FL til Jan.
What was the story behind his exit from us? Did Poyet not rate him or was there a bust up?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He must have upset someone up there for them to be so spiteful as to release him after the 31st, stopping him playing in the FL til Jan.
What was the story behind his exit from us? Did Poyet not rate him or was there a bust up?

He was just released. We got Craig Noone to replace him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a 4-4 draw.

Your right fella, I always remember Barry on some football show condemning us and demanding we get docked the points and the Everton chairman defending us. We had some pretty spicy encounters with Orient at the time until we beat them at their place they had the better of us and on that day I knew we had broke their hoodoo and we're going up.... Great day out that was, I think Bobby scored

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Your right fella, I always remember Barry on some football show condemning us and demanding we get docked the points and the Everton chairman defending us. We had some pretty spicy encounters with Orient at the time until we beat them at their place they had the better of us and on that day I knew we had broke their hoodoo and we're going up.... Great day out that was, I think Bobby scored

Yep, remember that 2-0 win at theirs very well. Bobby and Brooker scored IIRC and we packed out the away end.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least he will have had his contract payed up in full if he was released against his will.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
L. Orient fans are not happy as explanation not being given. Seen as a bit of a legend there. I Would have him back as a squad player, I think most wouldn't?

Funny

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Barry was even worse about the 4-4 draw!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here