Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AJ get six years....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So thoroughly irrelevant to this thread then...

BG highlights an important point though. If AJ had no idea how old the girl was, he would have had more mitigating circumstances. The particular anecdote that he mentions highlights that young men *can* by accident have encounters with girls who might appear older than they are.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
BG highlights an important point though. If AJ had no idea how old the girl was, he would have had more mitigating circumstances. The particular anecdote that he mentions highlights that young men *can* by accident have encounters with girls who might appear older than they are.

It is not an important, or relevant point in the context of this discussion. Johnson's case was nothing like this AT ALL.

I genuinely don't know why BG thinks that talking about a 13 year old in the 60s (and I refuse to accept that anyone would think that a 13 year old was, say, 18) adds anything to this discussion.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It is not an important, or relevant point in the context of this discussion. Johnson's case was nothing like this AT ALL.

I genuinely don't know why BG thinks that talking about a 13 year old in the 60s (and I refuse to accept that anyone would think that a 13 year old was, say, 18) adds anything to this discussion.

Fair enough.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Exactly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If you had seen her you wouldnt say that not at 1.30 in the morning she having been drinking all evening., obviously the bar staff thought that she was old enough. But that is not the point which is that AJ had no such defense as he KNEW her age having picked her up in school uniform etc So the sentence to me seems perhaps a little harsh I would have said the 12 month to have also run concurrent not consecutive but I do not think he has a lot of grievance..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
:lolol: lack of proofing.

Let me try again. I don't think that 'contributory negligence', which is what you appear to be advocating, can apply to someone legally underage. Its a concept that makes me rather cross, particularly in the context of an unequal relationship. Have a think about it and you may find you agree.

Have a listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i47NAtcxEc

Good piece. Just to clarify I was just taking the pee out of your typos not supporting AJ and not advocating contributory negligence at all. Certainly not. I said before and I'll say again AJ was totally to blame. So I can't change my mind can I?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you had seen her you wouldnt say that not at 1.30 in the morning she having been drinking all evening., obviously the bar staff thought that she was old enough. But that is not the point which is that AJ had no such defense as he KNEW her age having picked her up in school uniform etc So the sentence to me seems perhaps a little harsh I would have said the 12 month to have also run concurrent not consecutive but I do not think he has a lot of grievance..

Big, big difference between someone (probably the worse for drink so with impaired judgement) looking at a 13 yo in a bar who he's probably never met who looks a lot older, in a nightclub back in the 60s when she would have probably found it easy to get served, to a high profile celeb deliberately and knowingly grooming a child over a period of time (800 messages ?), in the more enlightened times we are in now.

No sympathy for AJ at all, got the minimum he deserved in my book.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've worked in many situations and cases of child exploitation and sexual abuse and grooming working in a Nursing role and each time it sickens me to the core.
I think there are a few people on here that need to take a good look at themselves if they think AJ has been dealt with harshly,
the man is a predatory peadophile who engaged with sexual grooming /activity with a CHILD !!! that being someone who is under 16 the age of sexual consent.
If any thinks that is ok because she " looks older " or its only this or only that then I certainly wouldn't want to leave a child in your care.
The child is ALWAYS blameless simply because they are children and should be protected from perverts like AJ and others.
Always think about these children as if they were your own and how you would feel if it happened to them.
Yep, basically all of that with big shiny bells on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good piece. Just to clarify I was just taking the pee out of your typos not supporting AJ and not advocating contributory negligence at all. Certainly not. I said before and I'll say again AJ was totally to blame. So I can't change my mind can I?

Very good. All the best. :bigwave:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
The female teaching. Assistant, claiming she was pregnant

Not sure where you're point is, did she get off too leniently, or are you defending a peado?

If you're defending the peado, have you read all of the released messages, and read them in order, because the ones you've put on here have been out of context.

So are you defending a peado? Someone who the courts have found to be predatory.

#disgusting

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure where you're point is, did she get off too leniently, or are you defending a peado?

If you're defending the peado, have you read all of the released messages, and read them in order, because the ones you've put on here have been out of context.

So are you defending a peado? Someone who the courts have found to be predatory.

#disgusting

I'm defending neither

I'm merely saying it's disgusting how he gets 6 years

And a female gets 2 EVENTUALLY, And she had sex 50 times, tried to run off with the boy and claimed she was pregnant

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm defending neither

And a female gets 2 EVENTUALLY, And she had sex 50 times, tried to run off with the boy and claimed she was pregnant

Is that the law, or is it more to do with society's attitude toward sex and gender? The most fmous aspect is the 'guy sleeps around he's the man, girl sleeps around she's easy', but people don't often carry that dichotomy through to other areas of life.

We see all the time the reaction to male teachers abusing students is one of pervy old man corrupting and scarring an innocent girl, but a female teacher abusing one of her students? It's a young man's fantasy come true, he's probably getting high fives from all his friends who are jealous that he's having sex, and he was totally up for it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm defending neither

Have you got links to the sentencing reports so we can see what the mitigating and aggravating factors are which were taken into account ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Is that the law, or is it more to do with society's attitude toward sex and gender? The most fmous aspect is the 'guy sleeps around he's the man, girl sleeps around she's easy', but people don't often carry that dichotomy through to other areas of life.

We see all the time the reaction to male teachers abusing students is one of pervy old man corrupting and scarring an innocent girl, but a female teacher abusing one of her students? It's a young man's fantasy come true, he's probably getting high fives from all his friends who are jealous that he's having sex, and he was totally up for it.

i'll see your dichotomy and raise you a nomenclature...!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure if I heard this right...but I'm sure a Sunderland fan on the 606 phone in said one of there big mistakes was getting rid of AJ halfway through season as he normally scored goals :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here