Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AJ get six years....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think anyone is saying what he did was okay.
Oh I don't know:

Just making the point that the Victorian rules in this country has cost a young man 6 years in jail
His mistake was that he thought the girl knew as well and was happy to go along with it and not make a fuss.

I wouldn't be surprised if this girl had sexual relations with other people before this, and thought this could earn a tidy compensation sum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think anyone is saying what he did was okay.

there are certainly some making excuses for him though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you type? Or are you drunk?

:lolol: lack of proofing.

Let me try again. I don't think that 'contributory negligence', which is what you appear to be advocating, can apply to someone legally underage. Its a concept that makes me rather cross, particularly in the context of an unequal relationship. Have a think about it and you may find you agree.

Have a listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i47NAtcxEc

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed at those who think the problem is bad laws and young girls giving a grown man the come-on. It was Johnson on trial, not the girl. She's the only victim in this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair, without the context it did look like you were blaming her. 'Pursuing' has connotations in different contexts. I'm familiar with your posts so kind of knew what you meant, but to be honest, it was easy to read your post that she sexually pursued him and desired the meeting in the car etc. rather than just a fan pursuing their favourite player for photos and autographs.

In fairness to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], I get where he's coming from and elsewhere he's made clear that Johnson is the guilty party and that the child was a victim.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
FWIW he did show remorse. Don't know where this lie had come from but the media (BBC) said he hadn't apologised in court the very day he did offer a grovelling apology to the girl & her family. Amazed national press could lie to so many...

It's not just about an apology (on legal advice?) - it's about understanding the implications of what you've done.

He pleaded guilty to some charges at the last possible min (and carried on playing) - that's not the action of someone remorseful imo.

Meanwhile his sister acts like he's not guilty...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In fairness to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], I get where he's coming from and elsewhere he's made clear that Johnson is the guilty party and that the child was a victim.

I think I just made a poor choice of word :lol: Was merely stating an innocent fact though.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Are there people on this thread genuinely arguing that the sentence was harsh? As in, actually seriously?

The dude knew what he was doing, he knew it was wrong. Her "looking older than she was" is entirely irrelevant. Her background is entirely irrelevant. What is relevant is that a near 30 year old male knowingly engaged in sexual activity with a child. You know, those small humans that adults are meant to protect and care for.

Jesus bloody wept, sometimes I despair that I support the same club as some people.

We don't all have to sign from the same hymn sheet to be Albion supporters. To me the difference is not the offence but what seems to me too a very heavy sentence. Near me in Aylesbury last year the landlord of a local pub pleaded guilty to having 20,000 indecent images of children on his computer and more on a memory stick in his car. For each of those pictures there was a victim. Sentence? 18 months suspended.Something wrong somewhere...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Have we reached peak Katie Hopkins with this case or is there more to come from the talented scribe?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Extract from yesterday's Eastbourne Local Paper......

A 22-year-old Eastbourne man has escaped a spell in jail for a string of sex offences involving young children.

Philip Poundsbery, a warehouseman, of Aylesbury Avenue, Eastbourne, appeared at Hove Crown Court this week having previously pleaded guilty to eight offences - three offences of sexual activity in the presence of children and five offences of sexual activity with a child.

He was sentenced to a total of 18 months imprisonment, suspended for two years.

Now that is hardly justice!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Extract from yesterday's Eastbourne Local Paper......

A 22-year-old Eastbourne man has escaped a spell in jail for a string of sex offences involving young children.

Philip Poundsbery, a warehouseman, of Aylesbury Avenue, Eastbourne, appeared at Hove Crown Court this week having previously pleaded guilty to eight offences - three offences of sexual activity in the presence of children and five offences of sexual activity with a child.

He was sentenced to a total of 18 months imprisonment, suspended for two years.

Now that is hardly justice!

Perhaps he got off for being a Mason??

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I've worked in many situations and cases of child exploitation and sexual abuse and grooming working in a Nursing role and each time it sickens me to the core.
I think there are a few people on here that need to take a good look at themselves if they think AJ has been dealt with harshly,
the man is a predatory peadophile who engaged with sexual grooming /activity with a CHILD !!! that being someone who is under 16 the age of sexual consent.
If any thinks that is ok because she " looks older " or its only this or only that then I certainly wouldn't want to leave a child in your care.
The child is ALWAYS blameless simply because they are children and should be protected from perverts like AJ and others.
Always think about these children as if they were your own and how you would feel if it happened to them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've worked in many situations and cases of child exploitation and sexual abuse and grooming working in a Nursing role and each time it sickens me to the core.
I think there are a few people on here that need to take a good look at themselves if they think AJ has been dealt with harshly,
the man is a predatory peadophile who engaged with sexual grooming /activity with a CHILD !!! that being someone who is under 16 the age of sexual consent.
If any thinks that is ok because she " looks older " or its only this or only that then I certainly wouldn't want to leave a child in your care.
The child is ALWAYS blameless simply because they are children and should be protected from perverts like AJ and others.
Always think about these children as if they were your own and how you would feel if it happened to them.

I totally agree.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All of that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was a girl who AJ knew the age of unlike a local girl in Worthing in the 60s who was 13 and frequented the Mexican Hat she was known as the local bike among the young lads. I knew she was only 13 because my sister was a prefect at her school and warned me off of her. Ske looked a lot older and you didnt expect a 13 yr old to be in a night club at 2am.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This was a girl who AJ knew the age of unlike a local girl in Worthing in the 60s who was 13 and frequented the Mexican Hat she was known as the local bike among the young lads. I knew she was only 13 because my sister was a prefect at her school and warned me off of her. Ske looked a lot older and you didnt expect a 13 yr old to be in a night club at 2am.

So thoroughly irrelevant to this thread then...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here