Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He wanted us to break our wage structure he thought he was billy big bollocks,yes he is good in the air, but going to Palarse was just disrespecting the fans because he couldn't get his own way he could have gone elsewhere.

He will never be remembered in the same way as wardy,nelson,byrne, Small and Zamora.

'Disrespecting the fans' is one of the most tedious cliches in football.

Fans do not care about players, they only care about winning. A player has a few bad matches and there's a lynch mob wanting him shipped out, accusing him of being lazy, money grabbing, useless and so on.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its all very well him coming back and everything(he can bang in goals after all)
But I would want strong reassurances from the club that he will be fully disinfected and treated before he comes anywhere near the club.
He has been exposed to powerful lurgies that can lay dormant for years and the last thing we need is the whole dressing room catching Croydon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
'Disrespecting the fans' is one of the most tedious cliches in football.

Fans do not care about players, they only care about winning. A player has a few bad matches and there's a lynch mob wanting him shipped out, accusing him of being lazy, money grabbing, useless and so on.

Often too true

In the case of Murray, do fans think he should have just turned Palace down because they were Albion's biggest rival? He was a free agent, had scored 20+ goals who would have blamed him trying to capitalise on that.

It was a gamble letting Murray go and it back fired, that's history.

If Murray was a t*oser he would have given it the large in front of the North when he scored against us in that first meeting of Palace at the Amex. Some of our fans weren't exactly classy to him when suffered a terrible injury against us at Smellhurst were they?

I'd love him back, but would be want to?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where is the evidence he wasn't? CMS would've been on a higher wage than Murray. A player that smashed the club record transfer fee would clearly command that. It's not rocket science.

Not when the club said that the two budgets were separate, & Barry Fry said Brighton were not offering as much as Leicester or West Ham.
One if the reasons CMS chose us was because of the uni being so close, as he wanted to study alongside his football. Just because everyone says so, doesn't mean it happened.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, because no other player with his ability wants to earn more money and all of them would've got on just fine with Poyet. :facepalm:

I saw Gus & Glen hug each other at the Amex after the game in October 2011, where we were beaten 3-1, so I don't buy the theory that they fell out.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
The only reason why anyone wants Murray back is so he can score goals.
That is an extremely powerful incentive.
But not absolutely everything as far as I am concerned.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Murray playing in the same side as Knockaert would be extremely dangerous, add to that Zamora to come on and Kaz and Wilson and suddenly we are very much in business.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not when the club said that the two budgets were separate, & Barry Fry said Brighton were not offering as much as Leicester or West Ham.
One if the reasons CMS chose us was because of the uni being so close, as he wanted to study alongside his football. Just because everyone says so, doesn't mean it happened.

Ah the old two budgets chestnut, brought up by Gus when he could no longer avoid the flak that he'd been a mug to let Murray leave, as he was the leagues top scorer by a margin. Perfect way for Gus to shift the blame to Bloom and his budget splits whilst claiming he wanted to keep Murray. Did Bloom ever admit this was the case and that Gus was right??? Maybe it was all Ken Brown's fault?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I gave Glenn the dogs abuse when he played against us, but respect where it's due he never celebrated his goals against us (I know I would of done) so for that reason I find it hard to dislike the bloke.
If he does come back I will make a sincere apology for calling him a Judas C***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A player has a few bad matches and there's a lynch mob wanting him shipped out, accusing him of being lazy, money grabbing, useless and so on.

In fairness though if there's one thing Albion fans do, probably better than any other club in the country, it's:-

A good quality anti striker lynch mob.

I'm surprised we aren't asked to give seminars on the subject.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah the old two budgets chestnut, brought up by Gus when he could no longer avoid the flak that he'd been a mug to let Murray leave, as he was the leagues top scorer by a margin. Perfect way for Gus to shift the blame to Bloom and his budget splits whilst claiming he wanted to keep Murray. Did Bloom ever admit this was the case and that Gus was right??? Maybe it was all Ken Brown's fault?

He wasn't the league's top scorer. Murray got 22 goals, CMS got 33.
The following season Murray scored 6 goals at Palace and CMS scored 11 for Brighton.

It wasn't until the 2012/13 season that Murray scored his goals, which got Palace into the playoffs on the very last day. Murray was injured in our game, so wasn't the reason they got promoted. It was Dobbie who scored against Watford iirc. Who is to say that we would have beaten Watford when they'd trounced us twice during the season?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The following season Murray scored 6 goals at Palace and CMS scored 11 for Brighton.

It wasn't until the 2012/13 season that Murray scored his goals, which got Palace into the playoffs on the very last day. Murray was injured in our game, so wasn't the reason they got promoted. It was Dobbie who scored against Watford iirc. Who is to say that we would have beaten Watford when they'd trounced us twice during the season?
Oh my goodness, the insertion of FACTS into the addled memories of Murray lovers.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

He's still better than cms.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I saw Gus & Glen hug each other at the Amex after the game in October 2011, where we were beaten 3-1, so I don't buy the theory that they fell out.

I think making Murray sit on a stool on the training pitch whilst players played around him was the beginning of the breakdown of their relationship.

Gus was trying to show how lazy Murray was in his view.

Just for the record the source was Virgo who was at the training session.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here