Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Really enjoying this game. I think I have sorted out the injury problem now. It seems that this years version links injuries to your tactics a lot more. So avoiding the team instructions 'Close Down More' & 'Higher Tempo' until your players are 100% match fit has resulted in no fresh injuries.

Anyway, 7 games into the league and I'm sitting top above Norwich. Adrian Colunga has been on fire up top, scoring 5 goals in 3 games. I've gone the last 3 games with a clean sheet and dominating possession.

Key signings Matt Ritchie and Jordan Lotie have been fantastic. Lotie plays in between midfield and defence in the Bridcutt mould. Been very influential so far.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really enjoying this game. I think I have sorted out the injury problem now. It seems that this years version links injuries to your tactics a lot more. So avoiding the team instructions 'Close Down More' & 'Higher Tempo' until your players are 100% match fit has resulted in no fresh injuries.

Anyway, 7 games into the league and I'm sitting top above Norwich. Adrian Colunga has been on fire up top, scoring 5 goals in 3 games. I've gone the last 3 games with a clean sheet and dominating possession.

Key signings Matt Ritchie and Jordan Lotie have been fantastic. Lotie plays in between midfield and defence in the Bridcutt mould. Been very influential so far.

Think you're right on the injuries front, not getting so many playing with a low tempo and a more patient style of play from the off. Had far less injuries with Naftovyk than with Brighton despite their half a star training facilities, lack of a physio and two star fitness coach. What tactics are you using? I couldn't get my strikers to score goals at Brighton, they all seemed to come from the wingers.

Just reached the three month winter break with my Ukrainian lot, sitting in ninth, 11 points adrift of the one promotion spot, so i think we can write this season off in terms of going up. Interesting league though, for some reason you are allowed to make four subs in matches which is a massive bonus when the majority of your players have 60/70% match fitnesss mainly due to having no competitive reserve fixtures and shite facilities, and the gap in quality between teams is so small that anyone can beat anyone.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Think you're right on the injuries front, not getting so many playing with a low tempo and a more patient style of play from the off. Had far less injuries with Naftovyk than with Brighton despite their half a star training facilities, lack of a physio and two star fitness coach. What tactics are you using? I couldn't get my strikers to score goals at Brighton, they all seemed to come from the wingers.

Just reached the three month winter break with my Ukrainian lot, sitting in ninth, 11 points adrift of the one promotion spot, so i think we can write this season off in terms of going up. Interesting league though, for some reason you are allowed to make four subs in matches which is a massive bonus when the majority of your players have 60/70% match fitnesss mainly due to having no competitive reserve fixtures and shite facilities, and the gap in quality between teams is so small that anyone can beat anyone.

i'm currently sitting in 2nd in my second season in the norwegian 3rd flight, with only 5 games left - a point behind the dominant traeff (despite fielding loads of youth teamers) - really struggled with injuries all year, possibly due to my high tempo tactics and 3g pitch) and i cant afford to come second and miss out on promotion again, as the club is making significant losses year on year. I like the league as its quite short due to the numbers

my influential top goalscorer from last year left on a free as he had no interest in renewing, but the young upstart from last season who banged in a few has been fantastic this year. gonna be a nail-biter in the final run-in - great stuff.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 on the wing and a lone striker.

I have my right winger (Ritchie) set to winger, support. And My left winger (LuaLua/Lingaard) playing as inside forward, support. One CM as Advanced Playmaker, attack and the other as central midfielder, support.

In terms of tactics, I play to control with team instructions set as 'Short passing' 'Work ball into box' 'Low crosses' and 'Retain possession.

Working a treat.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So, I couldn't face continuing my original game having been sacked and made manager of MK Dons, so I started a new game as Brighton to see if I could rewrite the future, so to speak.

Eight games in and I'm third, two points off Boro. A high pressure 4-2-3-1 seems to be battering teams into submission and Jesse Lingard (on loan, along with Tyler Blackett, after acquiring Man Utd as a parent club) has scored six goals from the wings.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I started another game as an unemployed manager with the English and Spanish leagues running, and managed to pick up the Real Sociedad job in September with the team sitting 16th in the table and on a run of 4 straight league defeats. Fast forward to February and we're now up to 10th with an eye on pushing forward and getting Europa League qualification - the reason I post this now is because I've just had probably the most epic comeback I've ever seen on FM, and thankfully it was in my favour.

We were playing away against Villarreal and found ourselves 5-0 down after 27 minutes. Part of me was fearing a cricket score and considering battening down the hatches and trying to end the game no more embarrassed than we already were, but I decided to keep the faith and just tweak the tactics a little, as well as delivering an almighty bollocking at half-time....and ended up nicking a 5-5 draw in the 90th minute. :clap: :clap:

I bloody LOVE FM moments like that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, so, this just happened:

wtf.PNG

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
OPTIONS:

Player masking enabled with real players. Running England (conference north/south and above), Germany (second division and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Spain (Liga Adelante and above), Argentina (Second Division and above), Brazil (Second Division and above) with large database no database changes, edits or reloads.

Starting as :albion1::albion1::albion1:

PRESEASON:
Hannover (H) 1-0
Crawley (A) 5-0
Worthing (A) 6-0
Dusseldorf (A) 0-2
Lanus (H) 5-0
Lewes (A) 3-0

Used these to get my entire squad fit, use trialists and mess with what tactics I was going to use. Lots of injuries (six at one point) average 2-3 weeks apiece. Became obvious had a huge problem upfront (as Colunga scored all my goals which weren't from set pieces). Also replaced nearly my entire backroom staff; U21 manager Simon Ireland got the Sheffield United job so I lost him and have struggled to replace him since as everyone wants too much money. Weird. Sacked Burke immediately.

TRANSFERS:

Summer Window:

IN:

Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) - Season Loan - 100% of wages & £27.5k per month
Shane Ferguson (Newcastle) - Season Loan - 100% of wages & Future Fee of £825k
Graeme Shinnie (Inverness CT) - £900k
Benjamin Siegrist (Aston Villa) - £40k
Kaspars Gorkss (Unattached) - Free
Jesse Lingard (Man Utd) - 3 month loan (later extended for the season) - 100% of wages
Yustafa Yaffa (Unattached) - Free - I really ****ed up here as he didn't get a work permit, was a striker for my U21's to develop. Accidentally clicked to sign him anyway, now he's stuck on a three year deal and can't even play.

OUT:

Kemy Augustien (Charlton) - £450k
Sam Baldock (Wigan) - Season Loan - 100% of wages & £100k per month
Chris O'Grady (Ipswich) - Season Loan - 100% of wages & £40k per month
Jack Rowe Hurst - Released
12x youth/reserve players - loans 1 month-season

January Window:

IN:

Fran Merida (Unattached) - Free after trial
Eero Markkanen - Castilla - £350k
Eric Lichaj - Notts Forest - £36k
Elano (Unattached) - Free

OUT:

Nzuzi Toko (Sheffield Wednesday) - 100% of wages & £61k per month
Craig Mackail-Smith (Millwall) - Free (50% of next sale)
Bruno - Released mutual termination
George Cox - Released

10 triallists came and went, including Nikola Zigic and Park Chu-Young.

Final League Table:

Reached the playoffs with two games to spare, after being 4th for most of the season. Had a very poor finish to the season though only winning one in the last six matches, so I rested everyone and fielded the U21's for the last few to prevent injuries in the playoffs.

So I had it all to do going into the playoffs against Middlesbrough, who had won their last five consecutive games. The first leg finished like this;

I lost the second leg 2-1 after setting up with a very defensive 4-5-1 and a couple of changes to the side and "philosophy" (****ing defend for your life, lads)!

So, into the playoff final I went... and...

So, promoted in our first season! :) Think the PL is going to be a massive struggle, so I've started thinking about those future regens. Immediately after winning promotion (the same day infact) I made three quick-fire board requests to improve the training ground (costing £4.9m, and only being a year old :lol:), improving the youth facilities (costing £5.25m) and increasing the youth level back to a category 1. Have been given a preliminary fund of £20m for players...

Colunga finished second-top scorer in the league with 23 goals (behind Nahki Wells), thankfully he didn't get injured and played almost every match and is was irreplaceable as my loan striker in my primary tactic (a custom 4-2-3-1 wide). Markkanen was a crap signing, good stats and stuff but played crap - 6'6" target man.

Shane Ferguson (AML) won Player of the Year for the league, scoring 15 and assisting 15 in 42 appearances at 7.24ave. I've paid the future fee option of £825k to Newcastle - his value is presently £4.8m. He seems to be an absolute gem this time round - you're welcome for the tip ;)

CUPS:

Went out of League Cup 2nd round to Oxford (H) 1-1 on penalties. 'Sake
Went out of FA Cup 5th round to West Brom (A) 0-3

OTHER STUFF

FFP we made a "profit" of £5.29m, so no realism there, despite this we won't have to pay any additional tax (and people complain that the games have gotten too serious - PAH! I'll only be happy when I get to examine the HMRC's in-game calculations and spreadsheets)

Baz Lloyd has announced his retirement as scout.

Casper Ankergren is wanted by Man City(!)

Van Gaal sacked by Man Utd in November, Poyet sacked by Sunderland (who were relegated) and I was linked as a 5-1 outsider for the job, but never approached. *******s. Palace finished bottom. Man City won the league.

Solly March fans' player of the year

Team of the Year:

Agree with all of that, except Lingard should be in place of Holla, or March in the middle with Grealish on the AMR.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Finally got round to putting this on. Was given the job of Ebbsfleet manager. Not a bad start as they have a good squad for the league. My number two is Steve Gritt too!

3games in sit 8th having LWW the last of which was Whitehawk.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Am I the only one really struggling on this years game ? Just started my second season and looks like I am going to get sacked (Bloom has told me I require 7 Points from my first 4 games) main problem I have found is in 4 different goalkeepers I have tried (multiple matches for each keeper) I have never had one perform above a 7.0 in approx. 50 games ! All other positions I seem to be ok but when goalkeepers are making a mistake again it makes things a bit more of a struggle !

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Am I the only one really struggling on this years game ? Just started my second season and looks like I am going to get sacked (Bloom has told me I require 7 Points from my first 4 games) main problem I have found is in 4 different goalkeepers I have tried (multiple matches for each keeper) I have never had one perform above a 7.0 in approx. 50 games ! All other positions I seem to be ok but when goalkeepers are making a mistake again it makes things a bit more of a struggle !

Are you playing the latest patch? They released a patch in early November which fixed a whole host of issues with the match engine:

- Improvements to goalkeeping
- Improved goals from direct free kicks
- Fixed consistently, unrealistic high scorelines in lower leagues
- Fixed skin tone issues
- Fixed headed backpasses leading to goals
- Reduced own goal levels
- Hundreds of other changes to match AI
- Further polish to animations

Defence was bloody awful until that patch dropped but its a much better game since.

EDIT: That patch list was actually for the BETA. They did release a patch recently though and it definitely sorted out some defensive problems.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Things are finally picking up with Naftovyk-Ukrnafta in the Ukrainian First League after a slow start. Looked like we would be fighting relegation early on but a complete overhaul over the course of the season with dozens of free agents (and a club record transfer of £12k for a 32-year-old centre-back) has us as the in-form team following the tedious three month winter break.

In 8th at the moment but only 3 points off 4th and 10 points off the one promotion spot with 6 games to go with a home tie against the league leaders still to play. Would be pretty miraculous if we made it but I'm keeping the faith, will be gutted if we don't boss the league next season failing that.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Are you playing the latest patch? They released a patch in early November which fixed a whole host of issues with the match engine:

- Improvements to goalkeeping
- Improved goals from direct free kicks
- Fixed consistently, unrealistic high scorelines in lower leagues
- Fixed skin tone issues
- Fixed headed backpasses leading to goals
- Reduced own goal levels
- Hundreds of other changes to match AI
- Further polish to animations

Defence was bloody awful until that patch dropped but its a much better game since.

EDIT: That patch list was actually for the BETA. They did release a patch recently though and it definitely sorted out some defensive problems.

I thought I had but possibly not will check tonight, goalkeeper definitely needs improving and I do suffer from ridiculous backpasses ! If I connect to Steam does it do this automatically or do I need to do something myself ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here