Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Has Left The Building

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I do feel lucky to have seen him play a fair few times...there was a hush of anticipation from the crowd every time he was on the ball - you knew that whatever he did, whether it was a pass, cross, shot...it'd be inch perfect every time.

One of the best things he did (apart from Ipswich & Pompey) was the pass to Bridge in the 2nd half against Hull last season...gets the ball facing away from goal, quickly turns his man and drills the ball to the galloping Bridge down the wing...unfortunately Orlandi fluffed his chance, but the pass was insane.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Poor man's Sergei Gotsmanov

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Just announced his retirement.

What a player! Great career. Shame we only saw glimpses of his greatness for us.

Bit like a lap dancer. Tantalizing, but we never saw it all.

Good luck with whatever the future holds.

You need to change your lap dancing club...:drool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonderful, wonderful player who lit up the Amex on his rare appearances. Yes, there was that run against Derby and the destruction of Pompey but who remembers the evening game against Blackburn? I don't think we even won and yet I could have watched him all night. Hope he has a happy retirement.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I loved watching him play for us.

Every time he stepped onto the pitch, or every time he touched the ball there was a sense of excitement and expectation that I've never felt for another Albion player. The single-handed demolition of Portsmouth, the goal against Ipswich, the run and shot against Derby...OK, so we didn't see him as much as we would have liked but it was bloody brilliant when we did.

I remember reading a Tweet the day we signed him that simply said "Vicente to Brighton...how the **** has that happened?", which nicely sums up how I, and I suspect a lot of people, felt at the time. A brilliant player and one who I think will always be well-remembered by those who saw him strut his stuff in the stripes.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Sentiment says yes, head says not even close.
When he was younger (& fit) Vicente was world class - even with us in the championship he was a league or two better than Wardy

Im gutted Vicente wont be back ,he was class but wardy scored 30 plus goals for us in one season and got us in div one , Vicente didn't get us up last season ,if fit yes he would but that's the problem still love the dagger though:bowdown:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Did anyone ever find out what was actually wrong with him and why he kept being injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here