Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with people ??

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You didn't go to the Watford game then? We seemed to be quite decent there but then we didn't win 6-0 so in your eyes we were dross.

But we were playing against ten men and didn't score or even have another striker on the bench or even try the new guy earlier rather than give him just ten mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
**** me you must be a right laugh to pal around with. Go and have a pint FFS. It's Friday night for you.

I'm one of the funniest ***** you'll ever meet. Super passionate Albion fan.

Also smart enough to know not to judge people on words on a screen. That's ****ing dumb.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was the club's first Premier League transfer window and it happened to be in the most inflated market ever seen. The money that ordinary players were being bought and sold for was ridiculous, Oxlade-Chamberlain £35million! That is MENTAL, and there can be no arguments about it.

What the club struggled with was finding strikers whose prices weren't stupidly inflated, before you even get to the stupid wages being demanded but paid by clubs held to ransom. Frankly, I am glad we didn't sign Carlos Kickaball for £20million and £60k a week and to hell with the consequences. Boom or bust at this level is not going to end well for 90% of the clubs in the country and it's not a risk I'd expect the club to take.

Signing Krul on a loan deal was a mistake, it meant we couldn't loan Janssen at the last minute rather than trying to convince him to sign. But I'd have happily sent back Izzy Brown in favour of getting in an out an out striker, which is what we needed. I'm sure the club will be undertaking a full post-mortem today and they'll be better prepared in January. Until then, over to you Hemed and Murray!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The club tried hard to bring in its transfer targets. As one of the favourites for relegation in the Premier League, we hardly had the pick of the bunch. We missed out, and that's a shame.

Apparently that's down to incompetence/laziness/lack of ambition, according to some of the sages of NSC and Twitter. I guess they must have inside knowledge of our recruitment team and everything they've been doing since May. That's knowledge I don't claim to have. But I would imagine everyone at the club has been working their nuts off for months and feels the disappointment even more keenly than the fans.

It is what it is. We are where we are. Get behind the players we HAVE got rather than spend the next six months bewailing the ones we haven't.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
In my opinion the club got it wrong. We had plenty of time to invest, the club have failed to see the mistakes Middlesbrough made in not getting a striker in to get the goals to keep us in the league - i guess you could counter this argument saying that the transfer window was incredibly inflated, this season. But we knew from the start of last season we needed to find a striker no matter what league we where in.

Huddesfield invested early and have had a great start to boost their confidence, we didnt we faffed around looking for unproven players from abroad. Its a real shame that we have worked so hard to get into the premier league and not taken the oppurtunity to fully cement our place in it.

On a positive note Izquerido does look like an interesting signing though so we will wait to see what he can do.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In the real world if an entertainer turns up to a gig with shitty equipment and doesn't know the words to the songs they'll get canned.

Football and sport is part of that entertainment world. In the real world...

Because you can't possibly be entertained by the 25 players we actually have.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm pretty sure Vokes and Barnes didn't have teams quaking in their boots but they kept Burnley up.

and Andre Gray who got 9 .

Cant dress this up buddy

Its ok to wallow about for a bit. We wil lstill be there for the games vocally giving our all but f k me , we've been let right down and its our paying right to fire off for a couple of days

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Waited 34 years for this dream date with the top flight and then realised at the last minute that I had nothing to wear!!

We only dated for a season as I wasn't up to her normal level and others made more of an effort to catch her eye and enjoy her riches.

Don't worry about it. She was a bit of a slag anyway. Shallow, money obsessed and shared her dubious charms with about 19 others, some of who she would regularly ditch and replace after they'd served their purposes.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The Glass is half empty - Barber out, blame TB/CH, we're loose, fail...............etc

The Glass is half full - We're up!, improved squad, team settling, bring it on

OR -The glass is twice the required size for the amount of liquid. It is what it is - move on and get behind the team.

:albion2:

Probably there's plenty of overreaction to last night, some of it quite funny that did make me laugh. A bit of gallows humour and OTT venting usually tends to be a good way of getting over a disappointment. But given the choice I'd rather stand with those guys than the smug parade of superfans littering this thread who seem to enjoy nothing more then telling other people they aren't real supporters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Usually an optimist but I expected this to be the case. We have a history of failing to bring in strikers be it of adequate quality or adequate quantity. It's a reoccurring theme every transfer window. I will back the team but it frustrates me that we've been promoted since April and the club have still not managed to add depth to our strike force.

Well said :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is wrong with people ?
Everything.
come on how long did take us to get to the Premier League.
My entire Albion supporting life. And now we're here, we haven't bothered to get a ****ing striker. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Give the squad a chance don't write them off straight away
I'll be there, and fortunately being in the East Upper my general feeling of depression and my silence will go unnoticed.

we scored for fun last season and look at are squad it's a marked improvement on last season, Brown could play upfront when fit and Isquierdo can play the fast striker type role we where apparently looking for.
Last season we had Baldock who was an important part of our team, and look at what we were playing against compared to this season.

enjoy are journey in the top flight.
How?

Rome wasn't built in a day !!!
Nothing in Rome was built with this level of planning.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Whatever you say Mr Sycophant. :rolleyes:

Learn a new word today did we? Well done you.

Actually, I was feeling pretty frustrated and disappointed about our lack of a new front man this morning, but listening to your defeatist drivel actually makes me feel a whole lot better - so thanks for that gift.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yes there have been some overreactions / overly negative reactions, but by the same token there have also been plenty of posts by fans who seem to think that other fans actually wanting success for BHA is some sort of crime (and even harbouring thoughts that the club may have made mistakes is some form of heresy), making equally ludicrous statements. The reality is that the vast majority of reasonable fans sit somewhere in the middle, and most of them I would wager are disappointed and frustrated to some extent this morning.

el punal

But we were playing against ten men and didn't score or even have another striker on the bench or even try the new guy earlier rather than give him just ten mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was that we played decent football not dross, regardless of the final result. Yes, it was disappointing that we didn't score and not for want of trying, but the quality of our play was encouraging and far, far better than the below par performance against Leicester or the "caught in the headlines" effort against Man City.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Probably there's plenty of overreaction to last night, some of it quite funny that did make me laugh. A bit of gallows humour and OTT venting usually tends to be a good way of getting over a disappointment. But given the choice I'd rather stand with those guys than the smug parade of superfans littering this thread who seem to enjoy nothing more then telling other people they aren't real supporters

LI lecturing people for being smug :) come on, thats good isn't it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here