Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Joke That Is The Free Bus Travel Zone

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
So you think the inaccurate map is fine, then?

to answer your question, i honestly have no opinion. in fact, i barely read your opening post and, for all i know, you may well be arguing a valid point. i'm just sitting here, finding this thread hilarious and occasionally poking a stick in the embers if the fire seems to be dying down. but don't let me stop you. you've got people to convince, god damn it!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can you get a bus from Seaford? ???:albion2::amex:

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 20.56.24.png

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
well, i think you should take this issue up with [MENTION=260]sully[/MENTION] as he used the word 'free' in the title of the thread to which i was replying.

It's actually the club that call it free. As you can see on Bold Seagull's map.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's actually the club that call it free. As you can see on Bold Seagull's map.

Sure but its not free. I purchased a couple of tickets for a friend. It says "subsidised travel included" and "inclusive travel levy of £4 Adult and £2 concession". I think you have a right to grumble

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It does actually say: "A full bus schedule can be found by CLICKING HERE" and the link is to the Brighton & Hove Bus Co website - which also lists all the buses you can't use.....

It seems that most people are saying the map is irrelevant, so if it was the one below, would that be acceptable? Coupled with the text, it's just as accurate!

View attachment 69476

And the award for flogging a dead horse and failing to understand the obvious goes to one lucky resident of Hurstpierpoint who is very upset that a free bus doesnt stop right outside his house

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My point was that it's not immediately obvious that the site includes buses that are not considered to be "Brighton & Hove" buses, as it's clearly branded as Brighton & Hove Bus Company's website. Just because a route is operated by someone else doesn't mean it's not their route. I operate a service for a client of my employer. That service is still my client's not my employer's.

I only put that because you asked if there was any other wording on the travel guide - which there is.

No there isn't. The PDF tells you "Brighton and Hove buses except a couple of specific B&H routes... here's a link to their website that contains lots of bus timetables".

Your problem is, according this post, with the Brighton and Hove Buses website not being clearer that when they say, for example, Route 16 "Portslade - Knoll Estate - Hangleton (operated by Compass Travel)" that when they say "operated by Compass Travel" they mean it isn't operated by B&H buses, and so football tickets won't be able to use them on this route (since it isn't operated by Brighton and Hove buses, which buses have to be for the football ticket to be valid, as it says on the club's website).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No there isn't. The PDF tells you "Brighton and Hove buses except a couple of specific B&H routes... here's a link to their website that contains lots of bus timetables".

Your problem is, according this post, with the Brighton and Hove Buses website not being clearer that when they say, for example, Route 16 "Portslade - Knoll Estate - Hangleton (operated by Compass Travel)" that when they say "operated by Compass Travel" they mean it isn't operated by B&H buses, and so football tickets won't be able to use them on this route (since it isn't operated by Brighton and Hove buses, which buses have to be for the football ticket to be valid, as it says on the club's website).

I see you are still ignoring my point about the MAP, which is what I have said is wrong.

I'm glad you are so clear about the buses. If you go back to Lord Bracknell's explanation of the difference between Brighton & Hove buses and Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company buses, you'll see that your assumption could be incorrect, as the travel guide refers to Brighton & Hove buses, not Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company buses.

I see you are still ignoring my point about the MAP, which is what I have said is wrong.

I'm glad you are so clear about the buses. If you go back to Lord Bracknell's explanation of the difference between Brighton & Hove buses and Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company buses, you'll see that your assumption could be incorrect, as the travel guide refers to Brighton & Hove buses, not Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company buses.

Leave them to it Sully.

You know what you meant, they know what you meant.

On another note, have you noticed the lack of traffic in the morning?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I have often heard the word obsessive casually bandied around. It seems such a feeble and inadequate noun to describe the OP.

Surely there can be no four-legged donkeys within a hundred miles of Hurstpierpoint?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

No, I'm not. I'm just not ignoring that to get to the map on the PDF you have to go past the passage that states which buses the travel is valid on.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
so that I don't have to keep asking the question and getting the wrong answer.?

Why after being given an answer would anyone want to keep asking the same question. Surely this behaviour is no different than a young child

Are we there yet? No
Are we there yet? No
Are we there yet? No

Can I get a free bus?
Can I get a free bus?
Can I get a free bus?
Can I get a free bus?
Can I get a free bus?

I know the answer but can I get a free bus?

Moan Moan Moan Moan

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The outcome is that he has said that he will look to review the information being put out and perhaps do away with the green map.

How long is this review taking, as far as I can see the pdf has not been altered. Can I therefore conclude that the review has been completed and no changes are currently required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here