Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a positive note

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
your replies always make me smile
this one in particular
half way through next season if OG continues in this vein he will go and theres another season down the gurgler
please hurry up and start playing football so we can get promoted
I have not got long left
5 year plan
3 year plan
just get on with it

glasfryn---you got the wrong fella---but I hope all my other posts keep you smiling:) as well.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
No one wants your positivity here pal! This is NSC where only the moronic reactionaries will survive! And don't you forget it!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Have March & Ince been fantastic----promising definitely but not the finished article yet.
They have had their moments but just as many poor performances.
I think Oscar has struggled due to the players available not being capable or wanting to play his system.

I agree, but it's not being capable rather than not wanting to.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Also the bigger worry for me is he clears all the "dead Wood" in the Summer, as some are suggesting, brings in his own Spanish bunch, it doesn't work then the next manager Malkey someone says, don't fancy this Spanish lot let's have some English back bone and around we go again.

How long do you leave the jury out for? Do we wait until he's completely ruined next season, until fans stop turning up? His formation is poor, his selections are poor and his 'brand' is poor. But you're right, let's give him next season too :thud:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So no comment on the promising players coming through? Nothing about March or Ince who have been fantastic under Oscar? It seems you desperately want him to be a failure and ignore any positives. I'm pretty certain if you look back at any pre or post match interviews with opposing managers they will be quoted as saying we are one of the best footballing sides in the division. What we are lacking is someone other than Ulloa who will put the ball in the back of the net. We have CMS and Hoskins to come back, and, if they aren't the answer, we have the summer to go get someone.

Sure, I'll comment on the youth players. Ince has been a revelation and one of the rare highlights of the season, but let's not forget he was only thrown into the team because we had no other players available in his position. I like the look of March and think he's a really good prospect but he hasn't really featured this season and hasn't done a great deal when he has.
Regarding the opposition mangers point of view on us, I'd imagine they see it from a different perspective to the fans. They appreciate the massive possession stats and tough defence where as quite a few fans would like to see something that actually resembles effort and entertainment on the pitch, 70% possession is all well and good but it has to count for something and if the end result is 1 shot on target that really isn't good enough.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
While I admire your optimism and i agree with many of your points I do think one of them which is getting trotted out a lot is a joke.

Oscar had 6 weeks pre season and two transfer windows so I don't believe that's a reason for out poor performance, rather an excuse. McClaren took over mid season and he has achieved success, same as Rosler at Wigan.

Both those managers have critical experience of English football! That is the massive differance!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I must confess that I'm surprised you can see the direction we're going in on the pitch too, for me it's the most boring football I've endured for a long time, there's no direction within the team, no leaders and no passion, it's utter crap.

As far as I see it Oscar has been in charge for 10 months and the football is diabolical, he shows no passion and this appears to be evident in the players displays. Quite simply I don't think Oscar has the ability to change his formation, use a plan b, motivate the players, by all means let him keep job until Christmas but I'd expect you to be busy on here desperately trying to defend the name of a completely inept coach.

...!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here