Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] So, Football Lads Alliance. What do you think?

Football Lads Alliance, how do you see them?

• A bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name.

Votes: 123 83.1%
  • A group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism

Votes: 25 16.9%

• Total voters

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's hard to have a problem with anyone who is against terrorism but when the FLA shout abuse at an anti-racist group at the side of the road it makes them look as if they are against anti-racism and therefore racist. If they are against extremism they should be trying to hold joint protests along with the anti racist groups. Even if they don't agree with the left wing part of the anti racists they should ignore them rather than insulting them.

Jan 30, 2008
it's hard to have a problem with anyone who is against terrorism but when the fla shout abuse at an anti-racist group at the side of the road it makes them look as if they are against anti-racism and therefore racist. If they are against extremism they should be trying to hold joint protests along with the anti racist groups. Even if they don't agree with the left wing part of the anti racists they should ignore them rather than insulting them.
works both ways though:dunce:
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
typical pidgeonholing :dunce:THEY'RE NOT TRYING TO GAIN POLITICAL POWER just raising their profile in opposition to religious extremism, is that wrong ?
regards
DR

You need to read the article. They state that they are looking at political options .

To quote the article:

Interviewed before the march, John says that he wants the FLA to be the peaceful face of resistance to Islamist extremism; that he wants to march across Europe; and that the FLA could potentially mobilise its supporters “into a political group or look at political options ourselves”. Just a few weeks later, however – and days before the publication of this story – John will resign from his position at the head of the Football Lads Alliance amid the fallout from a row over donations.

So you're wrong. Again.

Jan 30, 2008
you need to read the article. They state that they are looking at political options .

To quote the article:

Interviewed before the march, john says that he wants the fla to be the peaceful face of resistance to islamist extremism; that he wants to march across europe; and that the fla could potentially mobilise its supporters “into a political group or look at political options ourselves”. Just a few weeks later, however – and days before the publication of this story – john will resign from his position at the head of the football lads alliance amid the fallout from a row over donations.

So you're wrong. Again.
"potentially ":dunce:
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You said they had no political aspirations whatsoever. You typed it in capitals. They say in that article they are potentially looking at political options. So you are categorically wrong.
Not sure what a video of some Antifa wally, that I'll never watch, has to do with anything.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just ran a quick search and was surprised to find no mention on here, so let's open one up for discussion.

Which is it...

Just a bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name..

Or, a group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism?

Read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/e5ee9e0a-18d7-49a4-a3c2-80b6b4222058?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcthree&intc_campaign=bbcthree&intc_linkname=article_orbiting_contentcard32

'As Tommy emerges on the edge of the crowd, a chant ripples through the square: “Ohhh Tommy, Tommy… Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Robinson”. Men carry football flags and some have cans of beer, as if they’re warming up for a day on the terraces. The marchers are around three-quarters male, and almost all white. There are a few veterans in military regalia and the odd banner saying, 'No to sharia law' and 'Make Britain Great Again'.

John looks on as Tommy Robinson bowls through the crowd, receiving the kind of ecstatic reception normally reserved for a footballer. Behind him, Caolan Robertson, his personal cameraman, is streaming everything on YouTube from a selfie stick. “We’re live at a Football Lads Association event, which is lots of football fans uniting against Islam and terrorism,” says Caolan.

“It’s an anti-Islam event,” he adds. '

Yep. Bunch of bigots.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
“It’s an anti-Islam event,” he adds. '

Yep. Bunch of bigots.

Why is being against a medieval religion bigotted?

Im an athiest and Islam says I should be put to death, do you mind if I object to that creedo oh almighty one?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I'm not sure what your actual point is, there, [MENTION=152]Charlies Shinpad[/MENTION] ?

Are you suggesting:

1. That there are no racists in our armed forces?

or

2. That, any 'ex military lads' amongst them, get a free pass?

:shrug:

My question was does he tar all the ex military men who also marched in London , Birmingham and Edinburgh with the FLA with the same brush ?
I also believe Phil Campion gave the main speech in the London March
Obviously he is a Racist Ex SAS bloke then ??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why is being against a medieval religion bigotted?

Im an athiest and Islam says I should be put to death, do you mind if I object to that creedo oh almighty one?

Seeing as it’s you...yeah.

Thing is that, broadly speaking, I agree with the sentiment...islam is not compatible etc. etc.

Taking to the street with the “lads” is not going to force an Islamic enlightenment though is it.

What would be useful is if our secular society stopped asking religious folk their opinion. For their sake stop it. It makes them think they are relevant.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My question was does he tar all the ex military men who also marched in London , Birmingham and Edinburgh with the FLA with the same brush ?
I also believe Phil Campion gave the main speech in the London March
Obviously he is a Racist Ex SAS bloke then ??

I have no opinion on that - I’ve never heard of the bloke. But I certainly wouldn’t presume what his views are OR ARE NOT just because he was once in the SAS. Your position on this is odd, frankly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here