Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] signings likely , or needed, in summer ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If we are going to change a lot of players it needs to be done early. I would look at Stoke and Southampton e.g. Tadic &:Austin.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We need:

Strikers (plural) who can play like Murray, but much younger, so they still have the legs to outpace/match defenders pace and close down defenders.

Central midfielders with pace and mobility.

Otherwise, the squad's pretty good. I wouldn't mind a new RB and a new LB if the quality can be found.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we are going to change a lot of players it needs to be done early. I would look at Stoke and Southampton e.g. Tadic &:Austin.

Joining in [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] 's game of 'things what I know from people ITK', then I'll pass on both of those Saints players, thanks. Austin especially is apparently a particularly bad apple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What will be facinating is the club being forced to buy players we've potentially heard of, supplementing the 'whooooo's' that ruffle the feathers of those with no imagination.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our most urgent need is for 2 CM to compete for a place with Stephens and Propper. At the moment they have no competition whatsoever so can become complacent and competition for a place will improve either both or the players we sign but either way we will be the winners.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Joining in [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] 's game of 'things what I know from people ITK', then I'll pass on both of those Saints players, thanks. Austin especially is apparently a particularly bad apple.
Shame but maybe there is more to Southampton's current bad form.

larus

You also need to consider players who we don't want to leave, but may do.

Lewis Dunk - we could get an offer we can't refuse
Solly March - he is not happy with his lack of opportunities in the 1st team.

We can do without that sort of attitude from March. Ship him out if that's the case.

Just passing on what I've heard, but it did come from someone who would know.

Maybe this could be a case of something ‘lost in translation’.

Being unhappy at not getting game time is far from having a strop and being a moody shit. He wants to be playing and is probably pissed off he’s not getting on the pitch as much as he wants, but may accept that he needs to make more of an impact when he does.

Some people could even jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
if that is true - not doubting you btw - Solly ought to be careful what he wishes for - he's not done anything to make a PL club come running for him
What other than being young, English and with a YouTube highlight reel showing him taking on and beating some of the very best Premier League players.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our most urgent need is for 2 CM to compete for a place with Stephens and Propper. At the moment they have no competition whatsoever so can become complacent and competition for a place will improve either both or the players we sign but either way we will be the winners.

Very much this, plus proven strikers. GM will be even slower, and there's no evidence yet that Locadia and Hemed will fire to mid table security next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We need:

Strikers (plural) who can play like Murray, but much younger, so they still have the legs to outpace/match defenders pace and close down defenders..

One or the other Shirley? In the same spirit I suggest a player like Baldock, but with an eye for goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Austin, to me, comes across as someone who would score 95 in the psychopath test in the other thread, and would have shagged you missus*, your sister* and your mother* the moment your back was turned.

*Mind you, if he went to Palace he could save himself some time and do all three at once

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One or the other Shirley? In the same spirit I suggest a player like Baldock, but with an eye for goal.

It appears CH likes a target man, rather than speed merchants, so having to go with that, I meant a target man with sufficient pace to at least match centre backs. (Murray 5 years ago, or Tammy Abraham -esque).

I love Murray, but he has no pace now, so even Hudd's CB's beat him in every foot race, unfortunately making all balls put through or over the top last Saturday a non-contest.

Before this season, I hoped we'd buy strikers with searing pace, but CH patently doesn't like that in his 4-5-1.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Shane long might fancy staying in the premier league and moving a few miles up the coast from Soton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There'll be another Timeless NSC Thread this summer on thwarted striker business, circa 1,200 posts. With [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] batting away relentless keyboard attacks on the club.
CJ's stance was always 'just wait until 01.09.18 then say we have no strikers'.
I believe his next move was an absence from NSC for a few weeks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here