Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
For the third week in a row: good luck to any NSCers doing a marathon-type race this weekend. You do realise, I presume, that an unintended (I hope) consequence of this sort of thing is to make the 5k-10K runners among us feel really, really wimpish.
Seriously, I hope the 3 Forts ordeal will not be made (even) worse by slippery chalk and that if said chalk is slippery then it's not from the tears of fellow Albion supporters...............

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
First run since London – still buzzing from that (and wearing the T-shirt, which I rarely do) – and then a bootcamp in Buckingham Park. A nice seven miles, and for some reason I decided to go up a hill at the end! Seemed like a good idea at the time.

No ill effects from the double; although other parts of my body are aching from lunges, burpees and squats!

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1146356802

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
LOL - I did tell you pretty early on you were 8 min miling [emoji3]. I entered at the Expo for next year (as usual) so I'll be there. .

Good man! See you at the cafe (hopefully) and mud-free corrals (hopefully) where I'll position myself well behind so I can trail in your wake :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I've just registered for parkrun. I've never had a barcode before. Tomorrow my football team has no training for a change so I'm contemplating Hove Park. On the other hand it's my anniversary and I'm out for three courses and wine tonight. If I'm up and not dying I'll go. Anyone else there?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've just registered for parkrun. I've never had a barcode before. Tomorrow my football team has no training for a change so I'm contemplating Hove Park. On the other hand it's my anniversary and I'm out for three courses and wine tonight. If I'm up and not dying I'll go. Anyone else there?

I"ll be marshalling, so look forward to shouting abuse at you.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

I predict you'll love parkrun.

I'm away for a wedding this weekend so no running and a complete (and probably much required) rest. Back on it next week!

Good luck all 3 forts runners!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I"ll be marshalling, so look forward to shouting abuse at you.

I'll make sure to return it :)

Would have been a good opportunity to get your revenge. I have a mammoth hangover and a flaky calf. Anything near 23 minutes will be a miracle but I'm going anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll make sure to return it :)

Would have been a good opportunity to get your revenge. I have a mammoth hangover and a flaky calf. Anything near 23 minutes will be a miracle but I'm going anyway.

Enjoy it, you'll love and hate it at the same time. Few gentle miles on the Downs for me ahead of lots of nasty ones tomorrow. Heavy week.......will hit 60+ miles. Feeling it already so going to be a slog tomorrow

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Enjoy it, you'll love and hate it at the same time. Few gentle miles on the Downs for me ahead of lots of nasty ones tomorrow. Heavy week.......will hit 60+ miles. Feeling it already so going to be a slog tomorrow

60+ miles. ****. 5 miles in 2 weeks for me. Forgotten how to run. No idea what to expect tomorrow but will be starting well back in the field and starting very very slowly. Looking forward to it.
Hardest part will be Devil's Dyke - 4 miles gentle downhill would take me home in time for a bath before the Leicester game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
60+ miles. ****. 5 miles in 2 weeks for me. Forgotten how to run. No idea what to expect tomorrow but will be starting well back in the field and starting very very slowly. Looking forward to it.
Hardest part will be Devil's Dyke - 4 miles gentle downhill would take me home in time for a bath before the Leicester game.

Devils Dyke out and back is alright - you get to nod to all the real runners as they fly back past you - expect the first to come past you somweher around the Youth Hostel. Quite pleased with mileage given I'm still managing around these tight calves and after Brighton....good appt with physio yesterday, some more comfort that it's nerve tension rather than flaky muscles, and she thinks it'll continue to improve. Best of all she said 'no problem with you running as much as you want, just be aware of when any tightness appears'. Absolutely beautiful on the Downs this morning. Only did 8 miles but if it's like this tomorrow we'll be blessed

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Hove Prom PR for me today. Lovely conditions. Cycled over from Worthing. Did 20:20 (AG of 79.59%). This is on the 'Jesus, where did that come from?' scale of performance. This is my PB as when I was younger I never actually did a timed 5K. The irony of this is that I leapt on the scales last night and decided that I'm half a stone overweight.
I guess it puts the bar that bit higher for the NSC runners AG challenge of 2016.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hove Prom PR for me today. Lovely conditions. Cycled over from Worthing. Did 20:20 (AG of 79.59%). This is on the 'Jesus, where did that come from?' scale of performance. This is my PB as when I was younger I never actually did a timed 5K. The irony of this is that I leapt on the scales last night and decided that I'm half a stone overweight.
I guess it puts the bar that bit higher for the NSC runners AG challenge of 2016.

79%! I think you have most of us beat with that!

I haven't got official confirmation yet, but I think that I may have shaved a second off my pb at Guildford Parkrun today. This despite having mucus issues on the second lap.

It was nice to see a Brighton shirt in the throng today too. We get everywhere!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Give us a chance! I have not even started 5k training yet and you go and do that. I would have to run 19:25 to match that and that is not going to happen. My pb 20 years ago of 17:45 was only just over 75%. I'll be happy to get sub 20 this summer and grab the old gits bronze medal. Brilliant run but I think you may have to go a few seconds faster to get [MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] 's grading ??? We await to hear from him.

On another note saw an impressive maiden Parkrun by @Guiness Boy today. He's now aiming at a sub 21 this summer and has a great chance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
79%! I think you have most of us beat with that!

I haven't got official confirmation yet, but I think that I may have shaved a second off my pb at Guildford Parkrun today. This despite having mucus issues on the second lap.

It was nice to see a Brighton shirt in the throng today too. We get everywhere!

This. That is so far out of reach as to be in a different division. Cracking time.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Give us a chance! I have not even started 5k training yet and you go and do that. I would have to run 19:25 to match that and that is not going to happen. My pb 20 years ago of 17:45 was only just over 75%. I'll be happy to get sub 20 this summer and grab the old gits bronze medal. Brilliant run but I think you may have to go a few seconds faster to get [MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] 's grading ??? We await to hear from him.

On another note saw an impressive maiden Parkrun by @Guiness Boy today. He's now aiming at a sub 21 this summer and has a great chance.

Curses! Yes, Downham is sh*t hot. But for some reason I thought he was a whippersnapper. Off to see the mighty Worthing in their play-off final. They'll be a lot of Albion fans there.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

My age grading from my PB on the 16th was 77.31%. Ran Rapheal Parkrun last Sat on an undulating course posted 18.24, was second to one of the best regional athletes by 2 min. He went on to run London in 2hr 19!!! . Had a gentle run with my Wife at KLPR today in prep for the GEAR 10k tomorrow.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My age grading from my PB on the 16th was 77.31%. Ran Rapheal Parkrun last Sat on an undulating course posted 18.24, was second to one of the best regional athletes by 2 min. He went on to run London in 2hr 19!!! . Had a gentle run with my Wife at KLPR today in prep for the GEAR 10k tomorrow.

Silver for you then and Golden Git is [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s Teacher. I won't be catching him. Be thankful to get 20:20 this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here