Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Adekugbe

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nonsense. The context was a height comparison and you know it.

The real crime against football is judging a player on his height. It's what the dinosaurs of the game do, those who believe football is all about attitude, effort, competitiveness and size.

And that was a joke, which you've clearly not comprehended. Calm down old lad, calm down. Although the rest of your initial post was a pile of tosh.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I guess you've never watched Giovinco. He's a different class completely.

I've seen Giovinco play 3 times live. Once at Juventus, once in the MLS, and once in a pre-season friendly. I've also seen him play in the MLS on TV a fair few times. The standard of football over there is nothing compared to our football. There's a reason Giovinco and BWP are thriving over there, and it's not because they're world beaters.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've seen Giovinco play 3 times live. Once at Juventus, once in the MLS, and once in a pre-season friendly. I've also seen him play in the MLS on TV a fair few times. The standard of football over there is nothing compared to our football. There's a reason Giovinco and BWP are thriving over there, and it's not because they're world beaters.

Oh that's right, you get picked for Italy 23 times for not being a world beater. Actually, he may not be in world beater class, but then we aren't Manchester (U or C), Arsenal or Chelsea. Giovinco would walk into our team. I guess you'd say Jermain Defoe isn't good enough for the Albion either.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Boring argument but the height thing is just daft. So we'd turn down Santi Cazorla... or Lionel Messi...or Ian Wright? Ah.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Oh that's right, you get picked for Italy 23 times for not being a world beater. Actually, he may not be in world beater class, but then we aren't Manchester (U or C), Arsenal or Chelsea. Giovinco would walk into our team. I guess you'd say Jermain Defoe isn't good enough for the Albion either.

I don't think he would walk into our team. And the difference between you and I, clearly, is that I've actually seen him play quite a few times whereas you're going on a few very nice looking YouTube clips (which most players have).

I hasten to add, if we sign him and he's amazing, I'll apologise, but I would be shocked if CH makes that signing, I really would. Because, simply put, he's just not as good as you're making him out to be. Plus, where would be actually fit into our side?

FYI, Stewart Downing got over 30 caps for England and most people on here wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. And yet he's actually proven in the Premier League. So no, national caps aren't a barometer of how good I think a player is.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Adekugbe is currently in my neck of the woods, Canada play their Gold Cup quarter-final against Jamaica at the Arizona Cardinals stadium in Glendale tomorrow:-

[TWEET]887543111135748096[/TWEET]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am always curious to know why nobody has gone in for Gio, he has been the MLS best forward player since he moved there and nobody has gone for him. Good age too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Adekugbe is currently in my neck of the woods, Canada play their Gold Cup quarter-final against Jamaica at the Arizona Cardinals stadium in Glendale tomorrow:-

[TWEET]887543111135748096[/TWEET]

That's a surprise.

You look nothing like I imagined.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
That's a surprise.

You look nothing like I imagined.

I agree !! I had AZ down as a bespectacled 50 + years old bloke, who has no life except studying Brightons youth prospects ! Love your updates by the way ! Always look forward to your analysis of our youth system !!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I agree !! I had AZ down as a bespectacled 50 + years old bloke, who has no life except studying Brightons youth prospects ! Love your updates by the way ! Always look forward to your analysis of our youth system !!

How dare you! I won't be 50 for another 408 days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here