Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Skids

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw them mid to late 70s at a free festival on The Meadows in Edinburgh. Wasn't impressed. They did alright for themselves though.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
I was pretty miffed when a couple of kids were picked to go up and sing Albert tatlock with the band,as I was well into the skids at the time.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Used to drink with Richard and Stuart in London. Great band.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The point is, you could have saved maybe dozens of people doing a search merely by pasting in the URL of a site you were already on.

Do they hail from Dunfermline, by any chance?

Yes. Good point. Well taken.

Yes they do hail from Dunfermline. The singer appeared on stage in a team shirt back in the day, so I recall. Richard Jobson (for it is he) did have trials with a scottish side in the late 70s, so writing poetry and being married briefly to Mariella Frostrup (who, coincidentally has a place in Whitstable, near where I live) makes him a true metrosexual.

Is that enough info for you or would you like me to paste up another web site? ???:lolol::bigwave:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
A good anecdote from the night, was when he went to the audition for the Skids for lead singer and walked into the hallway where people were queuing and said ( Begbie stylee).
"see all use here , if you don't fvck off there's gonna be trouble" he was only 15-16 at the time, but still a bit of a unit.

So they all did and when they open the door he was the only one standing there, hence he got the gig!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here