Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS and McCourt

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'd say that comparing throwing three darts to playing an entire season of Championship football is a completely flawed analogy.

COG would be great in League 1, in the right side he'd get 20 easily. He's probably a lower end Championship striker. Not the man to get us promoted, but a solid 3rd or 4th choice striker. All immaterial anyway as I'm sure he's on his way.

I'd think you are probably correct that he may be on his way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was it officially CMS's goal yesterday or did it go down as a own goal?

Went down as the other Luton player's goal. CMS' initial shot was hit well, but was straight at the keeper - may well not have gone in had it not taken the big deflection.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I always hear this. What exactly are CMS' strengths? They aren't controlling a ball, they aren't finishing, they aren't 1-on-1s, they aren't heading. He was relatively quick but he wasn't like lightening by any means. I never quite understood what his strengths were meant to be.

When people said we didn't play to his strengths I think what is meant (certainly by me anyway) is the formation and style of play. Why would you sign the Posh vintage goal machine CMS and then play a patient build up style with him partnerless? You can't really point to COG's 16 goals in a season for Barnsley as evidence of his quality and ignore CMS's 35 in 2010/11 can you? I appreciate it was a level below but 35 goals is up there with BZ's tally and well clear of Glenn Murray's (both in L1.) If you want the best from CMS you have to play attacking football - we never did that. (Btw, I am not saying we should have, simply that if you choose to not retain Glenn Murray and pay £2.5m for CMS it would seem to be an obvious step.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here