Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All I will say is that as Chris was a very good defender, possibly world class that we have continued to make the same defensive howlers for some time now.
We all knew he is more defensive than attacking but things have to change now.

Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I’m not going to blame Hughton, he has no choice but to go with plan A as the inability of the club to sign a striker leaves him with no alternatives imo. We are in a relegation battle now. No quality striker incoming and we are going down.

I think we should keep Hughton when we do as I have zero faith in the recruitment team getting a striker in. Once we concede away from home we are beaten and we can only scrape draws at home.

The lack of quality is NOT Hughton’s fault.

.......... Agree: Our record since at The Amex for centre forwards is pathetic. Yes we went up - solid defence gets you so far. Unfortunately Hughton has shown like at Newcastle & Norwich he has also hit the ceiling as well

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
There’s nothing wrong with being concerned - we all are - but it’s how you go about voicing your concerns. There’s 2 options:

1) Diplomatically discussing things on NSC & exchanging opinions.
2) Overreacting and sounding like a spoilt brat with knee jerk reaction OTT comments.

We’re allowed several bad performances in a season. This season was always going to be tough. There’s things we’ve done well and others we’ve done badly. We’re a massive work in progress and we need to all pull together, get behind he team and give us our best shot of staying up.

Too soon for the voice of reason, I'm disconsolate

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There’s nothing wrong with being concerned - we all are - but it’s how you go about voicing your concerns. There’s 2 options:

1) Diplomatically discussing things on NSC & exchanging opinions.
2) Overreacting and sounding like a spoilt brat with knee jerk reaction OTT comments.

We’re allowed several bad performances in a season. This season was always going to be tough. There’s things we’ve done well and others we’ve done badly. We’re a massive work in progress and we need to all pull together, get behind he team and give us our best shot of staying up.

Since when has anyone ever discussed anything diplomatically on NSC?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The idea of getting rid of Chris Hughton is ridiculous.
He is the best manager we have ever had.

But yes I'm concerned at our inability to defend set pieces.
This is the only real problem that we have.
Sure we aren't scoring enough goals, but the goals from set pieces are costing us points.

I trust Chris will sort this out.
It needs to be soon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
.......... Agree: Our record since at The Amex for centre forwards is pathetic. Yes we went up - solid defence gets you so far. Unfortunately Hughton has shown like at Newcastle & Norwich he has also hit the ceiling as well

Lingaard?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Let’s hope he starts with Kayal Baldock and Goldson next week

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment
Short answer. No.

Are you Palace?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually feel for him. We have been hamstrung by a poor window in respect of forwards. I expect i will get the usual list of hard luck stories but frankly it was a mess in the summer and he has done brilliantly to get us here.
The fact that we have not resolved this quickly this window is surprising to say the least.

100% this.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I’m not going to blame Hughton, he has no choice but to go with plan A as the inability of the club to sign a striker leaves him with no alternatives imo. We are in a relegation battle now. No quality striker incoming and we are going down.

I think we should keep Hughton when we do as I have zero faith in the recruitment team getting a striker in. Once we concede away from home we are beaten and we can only scrape draws at home.

It's not just a striker we need.
It seems that our wide players and CM are struggling too.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

I agree with this. Chris has so few choices to change it up even when he needs to.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The idea of getting rid of Chris Hughton is ridiculous.
He is the best manager we have ever had.

But yes I'm concerned at our inability to defend set pieces.
This is the only real problem that we have.
Sure we aren't scoring enough goals, but the goals from set pieces are costing us points.

I trust Chris will sort this out.
It needs to be soon.

I don't trust him to sort it. He has changed NOTHING in his approach to defending corners.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not just a striker we need.
It seems that our wide players and CM are struggling too.

Do you think it might be connected, no outlet upfront means passing sideways and backwards whilst offering no threat and it’s takes 10 passes to maybe get into the final third with nobody in the middle when we get there. If we offered some threat on the counter attack the pressure would come off the defence and midfield. Teams can press us knowing that if they lose the ball we’ll give them plenty of time to get back and defend so most teams attack us in numbers and at pace. A pacey quality striker would give us more options and more goals and might concentrate the opposition to consider leaving players back?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here