Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No, it isn't. I expect Head Prefect Cleggars was quite offended though :facepalm:

I wasn't talking about the people you'd refer to as the 'liberal elite'. I was referring to people who use the phrase like you - it's uncanny as to how many of them are just public school odd-balls like Farage and Rees-Mogg.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[tweet]938477784900521984[/tweet]

:shrug:
Did she happen to mention when?Only thing I can find is the Giftzwerg calling some MP the member for Brexeter.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I find it hard to believe that anyone - whether pro or anti Brexit - with half a brain could have any confidence in the current government. I could scarcely believe Davis's performance today or that of May. 18 months since the referendum and precisely what has been achieved? Answers on the back of a postage stamp please......................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I find it hard to believe that anyone - whether pro or anti Brexit - with half a brain could have any confidence in the current government. I could scarcely believe Davis's performance today or that of May. 18 months since the referendum and precisely what has been achieved? Answers on the back of a postage stamp please......................

Savage.Are you saying the Parliamentary Opposition has only half a brain?Certainly hasn't been a no-confidence vote yet.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think I may be able to answer that -

What [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] is trying to say is the same as [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] is trying to say - but just not as eloquently

Oh,so sorry,must have missed you earlier,hope you're not too stressed.Still nothing to contribute then?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It would be hilarious if it wasn't the most serious situation we have been in since 1939. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the lame duck laughing stock Mrs May who is buffeted from all sides by those with more ability and influence and with their own agendas. She is so weak she doesn't even have the strength to surrender, its like a plot from House of Cards.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Well only nine months after Article 50 was triggered a divorce agreement is 90% there according to a senior EU official as reported in the (pro Remain) Times. I doubt all those agreed areas disentangling ourselves from a 40 plus year relationship could fit on the back of a postage stamp though....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which of the three options is the best one? Free trade with open borders seems like a good option but I found it kind of funny that we might push for a deal where we have free trade/open borders with one member of the EU, but not the others. Just because we share a land border with this particular member and basically speak the same language and have similar cultures. It reeks of double standards and latent racism to me.

This is quite a groundbreaking viewpoint with regard to movement of the Irish, it’s the first time ive heard The Common Travel Area arrangements that have been in place since the 1920`s referred to as “latent racism”. Arrangements that no one has said should be abandoned by the way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is why I support parliamentary democracy rather than referenda - the public are often pretty clueless. This is not a slur on the public it is merely a demonstration that we are not very well informed.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/perils-perception-2017

Good to see you believe the so called 2nd referendum question on the withdrawal agreement should be handled by gov and parliament not the voting public.
The public dont really have much more they could add on leaving with a withdrawal agreement or leaving without a withdrawal agreement anyway.
You are at least in line with parliament that agreed there should not be another referendum and the 82% of the public who do not support the idea of a second referendum either.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Remain backers vow to fight Brexit at five-star dinner

https://www.ft.com/content/998d9046-da6b-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

I see the liberal elite/enemies of the people were grizzling away over their Foie gras and champers again. Clegg, Umunna, Soubry in attendance .. did any of our #teameu contingent pop along?

Slightly off tangent but Im sure those remainers that had animal welfare high on their list will take some comfort that post brexit the UK will no longer be constrained by EU rules and the UK will be able to have a ban on Foie Gras. PETA are certainly hopeful of a sales ban post brexit as a step in the right direction.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...e-off-the-menu-thanks-to-brexit-a3378806.html

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hang on, Ireland, hard borders, freedom of movement, does this mean all the pikeys have to go home and not allowed back in.
Maybe after all it's me that has not thought this through properly, I mean that's worth 50 billion alone.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good to see you believe the so called 2nd referendum question on the withdrawal agreement should be handled by gov and parliament not the voting public.
The public dont really have much more they could add on leaving with a withdrawal agreement or leaving without a withdrawal agreement anyway.
You are at least in line with parliament that agreed there should not be another referendum and the 82% of the public who do not support the idea of a second referendum either.

Except Pikeys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here