Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My first thought when I saw it was 'at least the windows are facing away from the pitch'.

shittip.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"We are creating a new home worthy of our Club, our supporters and our community, and a celebration of our 112 years in South London"

...aren't they building 1 new stand?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Presumably this shiny new shell to their existing stadium (because you couldn't knock down and rebuild for that price in that timescale so it must be just adding a new exterior to the existing interior!) is contingent on them staying up because I can't see Parish chucking £70m+ on a stand when they really need that to spend on a playing squad to get them back up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Breaking News: Brighton fans in "Palaces new stadium plans look sh1t" shocker

34k keep up lads.

The biggest shocker is that, finally, Palace are showing some interest in infrastructure investment.

Let's hope, for your sake, that Roy keeps you in the Premier League. Your c16k average Championship gates will look even more sparse if you have another 8,000 seats to fill.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That is not what they did at Anfield at all. The structure of the lower tier is still the original Archibald Leitch designed main stand, which is why the seats in that bit are still packed so close together despite a bit of rearrangement. I'd be surprised if KSS didn't pull the same trick at Selhurst given that the main stand there was also built by Leitch's company and so will be structurally similar.

Fair point, they didn't remove the whole thing like I said. But all of the seats are new and the interior has been totally remodelled. The only thing they really kept is the concrete steps and shell right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGJH622Edq4

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Breaking News: Brighton fans in "Palaces new lean-to plans look sh1t" shocker

34k keep up lads.

Corrected for you. Though actually I don't think the main stand extension plan looks too bad as it happens, other than the odd wing things.

I wouldn't brag about the 34k though, as only about 8k of those seats will actually have anything approaching legroom. The real shame of this plan is that the Arthur Waite stand is not being replaced.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Corrected for you. Though actually I don't think the main stand extension plan looks too bad as it happens, other than the odd wing things.

I wouldn't brag about the 34k though, as only about 8k of those seats will actually have anything approaching legroom. The real shame of this plan is that the Arthur Waite stand is not being replaced.

As far as I am aware, this is stage 1. I would hope in time this is replaced and/or completely re-furbed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I said new stadium plans not new stadium. Not very bright are we.

Your spelling and grammar suggest you're not very bright, no. Surely you should be in some kind of after-school programme right now?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Fair point, they didn't remove the whole thing like I said. But all of the seats are new and the interior has been totally remodelled. The only thing they really kept is the concrete steps and shell right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGJH622Edq4

... and the spacing between the seats. Note that they are further apart in the new part of the stand because they are subject to current regulations, regulations that don't apply in the original part of the stand 'cos they weren't concerned about that sort of thing and everyone was much shorter a hundred years ago!

As far as I can tell the only reason they kept the old stand was explicitly to avoid the new regulations and thus achieve a higher capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here