Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A building is one thing, everyone there has regular fire drills. But when there are thousands of fans to evacuate quickly from a stadium, I think I'd be more comfortable knowing that the fire exits simply remained unlocked from the inside and open-able by a push, not reliant on being firstly unlocked by a fire alarm being electronically triggered.

The instances of idiots forcing their way in and opening a fire exit are so rare as to be a one-off, as I'm sure this will prove to be. Its simply not worth installing electronically-opening fire exits to eliminate a problem that never occurred before last night, and is highly unlikely to again.

I would expect others to try to do the same again and could become a major problem

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Maybe someone could forward the video to the police, surely he's admitted to the crime?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Surely we don't think this was a genuine admission of guilt?? just a not very funny acknowledgement of what had happened..

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

And he'd taken the time to go to B & Q?

Its a vlog.. he's trying to be creative, make it funny and interesting to other fans.. If I were doing one, I would start it with me dressed as a coach driver with a bit of toilet roll hanging out my trousers..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its a vlog.. he's trying to be creative, make it funny and interesting to other fans.. If I were doing one, I would start it with me dressed as a coach driver with a bit of toilet roll hanging out my trousers..
Hmmmm[emoji848]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Love how even with video evidence and their own fans saying the cause was other Palarse fans some on their BBS are still claiming it was all Brighton's fault. ****ing deluded.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I really wanted Palace relegated*. After last night, I REALLY want them relegated, then all the bullshit goes away, for a hopefully a few seasons.

*they won't be, sadly - they're really not a bad side.

I think last night was particularly bad because it’s been 4 years since we played them. The play-off game and the Paddy’s Day one weren’t too bad, where as the 1-3 at the Amex was as bad as I’ve seen it at the Amex, as we hadn’t played them for a few years again.

I think the more the derby becomes a regular fixture, the less intense it will become. If one of us goes down and the other doesn’t and we don’t play each other again for a few years, we’ll be back to a day like yesterday again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I got an email this afternoon from a Canadian mate who lives in the states: "Just heard about the violence at the Brighton match". My reply was 'Palace scum' but that just whooshed him.

That's the way the world see it, folks, regardless of the small print: Brighton and Hove Albion, home of traditional English 1980s style football 'violence'.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I got an email this afternoon from a Canadian mate who lives in the states: "Just heard about the violence at the Brighton match". My reply was 'Palace scum' but that just whooshed him.

That's the way the world see it, folks, regardless of the small print: Brighton and Hove Albion, home of traditional English 1980s style football 'violence'.

Oh don’t be so dramatic . It will be forgotten about in a few days with brightons image totally intact .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think last night was particularly bad because it’s been 4 years since we played them. The play-off game and the Paddy’s Day one weren’t too bad, where as the 1-3 at the Amex was as bad as I’ve seen it at the Amex, as we hadn’t played them for a few years again.

I think the more the derby becomes a regular fixture, the less intense it will become. If one of us goes down and the other doesn’t and we don’t play each other again for a few years, we’ll be back to a day like yesterday again.

I disagree. This is now a 'thing' again, and the spotty wankers on both sides will now try to outdo one another. The Shitehole park fixture will be mayhem, worse than the rock throwing of the late 70s early 80s because people now have phones, and indeed other nifty gadgets if sufficiently determined. If I were that way of mind I would be planning an event or two right now.

Not playing each other would help but failing that, reduce the away crowd to whatever the PL permists (with judicious advice of the old bill this could reduce to 10, ideally members of Croydon YWCA - come on old bill, you know you can do it). And a bit of Italian style policing if it does KO - batter everyone and warn it will happen in advance - I don't want any of them at the Amex again, not even the nicer NigeLLLLLLs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Have to disagree with that.

Your mate isn't representative of 'the world'.
Some on here have criticised the palace bloke interviewed just before 7 on sky sports news. He did lay some small amount of blame on BHA and the police, but mostly blamed the palace fans who were out to cause trouble.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Drama queen

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would expect others to try to do the same again and could become a major problem
Yes. That would be a concern.

Swift arrests, lifetime bans from the Amex and maybe Selhurst, harsh sentences for the guilty would help.

Make an example, throw the book.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have to disagree with that.

Your mate isn't representative of 'the world'.

Fair enough. The first drink of the evening has taken my concerns away. *Who gives a stuff :cheers:

*(not really).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this appears to be the moment when they 'broke in' ..

[video]https://www.holmesdale.net/board_files/downloads/3273810_received_1015978961575 5438.mp4[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here