Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV this month

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm glad it's not just me!

I was thinking last night just how poor television has become and how it is a victim of there being way too many chanels and therefore everyone scrapping to cut costs due to reduced viewing figures. The worst thing for me was when BBC2 last night had the pottery version of bake off. I mean seriously!? They will be onto Britans best hedge trimmer before long

Depends on what Hedge is being trimmed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am I the only one that has only heard of one of those - The Bridge (and I've not actually seen it).

So is Unforgotten new or already been on and I've missed it? Or have I missed previous series(es) and a new one is about to start?
The Last Kingdom likewise - how much have I missed?

In fact apply all those questions to all the things you've listed please!

Blimey, they're not exactly obscure none of them is on Sky or any other cable/satellite channel - they're all BBC, ITV or C4

Unforgotten is nearing the end but is probably around on ITVPlayer. The Last Kingdom will certainly be on iPlayer, I think we've had three episodes so far.Fargo has had four episodes but maybe on catch-up. Homeland and The Returned are both three or four episodes in.

I'm staggered you've not heard of Homeland - this is the fifth series and there have been several threads on here about it. I would say it would be too late to get into these two as you'd need to see earlier series.

Arne Dahl are self-contained two-parters so you can dip in and out of them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, they're not exactly obscure none of them is on Sky or any other cable/satellite channel - they're all BBC, ITV or C4

Unforgotten is nearing the end but is probably around on ITVPlayer. The Last Kingdom will certainly be on iPlayer, I think we've had three episodes so far.Fargo has had four episodes but maybe on catch-up. Homeland and The Returned are both three or four episodes in.

I'm staggered you've not heard of Homeland - this is the fifth series and there have been several threads on here about it. I would say it would be too late to get into these two as you'd need to see earlier series.

Arne Dahl are self-contained two-parters so you can dip in and out of them

Sorry - I missed Homeland. I did watch the first series, possibly two, but it seemed to be getting all quite far-fetched so I gave up.

I don't watch a great deal of TV I guess so miss out on a lot. I did see the recent BBC series with Suranne Jones, although only at the end after a recommendation, and all on catch-up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry - I missed Homeland. I did watch the first series, possibly two, but it seemed to be getting all quite far-fetched so I gave up.

The second and third series of Homeland weren't great - particularly the third. But the fourth was a bit better and the fifth is nearly back to the promise of the first

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was chastised on the Obscure tv thread for mentioning the 'True Story' bit about Fargo, it seems that it's not true at all, I don't know why they say so at the beginning of each episode
They did it in the film back in the day, and without the internet people had to believe it. The first series and now this, are just following the tradition. There's nothing true about any of it.

It was very cheeky to do it the first time. I imagine we all believe a film is true if we're told it is, we don't stop to consider that there aren't any regulations to stop the writers lying.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Everyone seems to be missing the tv highlight for November...Brighton away to Burnley.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Arne Dahl, all neat and tidy at the denouements but some pretty dark stuff and emotional ties along the way. Better than Cuffs anyhow!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
:bounce: Heads up - Detectorists Xmas special on BBC4 at 10pm tonight. :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
3rd and final series of Detectorists starts next Wednesday on BBC4 10PM

Brilliant, thanks, I didn't know - my wife did, but hadn't bothered telling me. punish:

Was actually talking to a friend about it yesterday, so will pass it on to him. :cheery:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I actually enjoyed "Pure" currently being shown on channel 4 which I binge watched on iplayer. It's a comedy drama about a young woman suffering from a form of OCD called Pure O which is characterised by intrusive and explicit sexual thoughts. Although quite explicit in terms of the dialogue and some of the scenes it's not as salacious as it sounds as it deals with the serious issue of how the condition negatively affects her and its detrimental consequences on her life and mental health. The series is based on the original writer's own experiences of living with the condition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here