Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR Ruling

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Good reporting as they haven't paid the full fine.

Bollox as usual ...Its in the last set of accounts

Financial Fair play penalty payable to the Football league £7.615 million...listed under exceptional operating charges.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
if they did decide on points deduction not that they can as it is not in the rules it would only apply if in the FL not the EPL
whilst i understand the reasons behind the fair play ruling it stacks the odds very heavilly in favour of bigger clubs/ clubs with big grounds how can a smaller club be competitve if cant aford to buy the same quality of players that another team can if an owner wants to invest money as a gift to the clubs it should be allowed as doesent ruin sustainability

And when the rich owner wants to walk away? How sustainable is it then?

A small club with a tiny ground shouldn’t be competing with the big clubs.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
A small club with a tiny ground shouldn’t be competing with the big clubs.

I guess a £270 million debt would have given us a big shiny stadium like yours...

Except we dont have a £270 million debt......

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I am interested about how Wolves, Villa, Derby, Sheff Wed etc..are managing to keep to the FFP rules (big-spending and PL-type wages in the Championship)

Shit or bust for a couple of them. They are splashing their three year allowance in one year and will come unstuck if they don’t go up. Sheff Wed [emoji16] are already up against FFP and desperately trying to raise money by preselling their Premier League season tickets.

Villa still have parachute payments and get big crowds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Points deductions would deter clubs from trying to break the rules. Even a one-point deduction.

In cricket, 2016 champions Middlesex were relegated this season after a 2-point deduction. Somerset would have gone down instead but for the deduction.
The problem is, the FL can't deduct points from a club that cheated its way to promotion (because that club is in the PL).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sheff Wed [emoji16] are already up against FFP and desperately trying to raise money by preselling their Premier League season tickets.
Is that a joke? Even if a club looked nailed on for promotion, pre-selling tickets wouldn't help with FFP, those ticket sales would have to show in the year they applied to, not when they were sold.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
It's amazing how many "plucky little" Bournemouth fans get so touchy when they are accused of "buying" promotion:)

Football League founder members maybe "tinpot" in some people's eyes but how many times have Bournemouth or Brighton been English champions or FA Cup winners?:)

Sheff Wed and Leeds get big crowds....do they want to swap with "tinpot" Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield or never-won-a-major-trophy Brighton?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I guess a £270 million debt would have given us a big shiny stadium like yours...

Except we dont have a £270 million debt......

Capital expenditure doesn’t count for FFP so your rich owners could buy you a nice £270m stadium and training ground if they wanted.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
The problem is, the FL can't deduct points from a club that cheated its way to promotion (because that club is in the PL).

Yet FL records still show us as Championship WINNERS..clearly we didn't cheat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont worry AFCB are a nothing club with no history records or tradition apart from giving Harry R his first job in management, which many would hold against them and being the venue of Leeds crowd trouble in a cup tie 27 years ago.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Capital expenditure doesn’t count for FFP so your rich owners could buy you a nice £270m stadium and training ground if they wanted.

We have plans in for the academy and plans forthcoming for the new ground. It it comes to anything approaching half of your expenditure I'd be shocked.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Dont worry AFCB are a nothing club with no history records or tradition apart from giving Harry R his first job in management, which many would hold against them and being the venue of Leeds crowd trouble in a cup tie 27 years ago.

No history or tradition yet we took your North Stand in 71 in a crowd of 30K.......probably the first and last to do that... That aside there isn't much difference between the clubs tradition or history wise its just that you now have a massive infrastructure (with associated debt) and we have 3 sided ground with a temporary stand...:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We do not have a debt Tony Bloom does somewhat different and if the hotel project comes off the club will trade in profit. Like everything with AFCB it is all might in the future plans.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
We do not have a debt Tony Bloom does somewhat different and if the hotel project comes off the club will trade in profit. Like everything with AFCB it is all might in the future plans.

Lets hope it works out then. You know when I was on here signing online petitions for Falmer (when many couldnt be arsed) and your petition when we let you set up that desk outside our South Stand when the Goldstone was being flogged from under your feet. I was kind of hoping both would work out.

Would you rather have a 1300 allocation or a 3000 allocation . Ever since you moved into your new gaff the ****wittery on here has reached epic proportions.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's not creative accounting.

The 72 clubs set the very clear rules, which included adjustments for depreciation and academy spends. Depreciation is a real world and accounting phenomena of buildings diminishing in value through time. All regulated by the Companies Act and International Accounting Standards, then independently audited annually for each club. The FL then audit FFP aspects again.

The annual depreciation figure for clubs such as Brighton, Arsenal and Tottenham (to come) will be huge due to expensive stadia and academy infrastructure. Huges sums really were spent and must be written off over the life of a facility.

I thought the stadium and training facilities belong to a separate company and the club has a rental cost in their P&L

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lets hope it works out then. You know when I was on here signing online petitions for Falmer (when many couldnt be arsed) and your petition when we let you set up that desk outside our South Stand when the Goldstone was being flogged from under your feet. I was kind of hoping both would work out.

Would you rather have a 1300 allocation or a 3000 allocation . Ever since you moved into your new gaff the ****wittery on here has reached epic proportions.

At the end of the day, the difference is that we have a filthy rich benefactor who has always been a fan of the club. His 'loans' will, in 2025 if unpaid, be converted to shares. Your owner is someone who seemingly has no previous links and is not the richest owner around. His long term motives must be questionable.

You have to accept that some form of FFP is necessary to stop the number of clubs going into administration (it has to be said it has seemed to work). The problem being that owners of such clubs were not putting money into clubs, they were merely creating debt and then walking away.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

P!ss off to your own board and the fvckwittery on here will be non existent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here