Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pizza Hut’s original tweet is poor, and Leeds are right - they are making a joke about something that happened a week ago.

Need to be faster to the punch.

Hardly cringeworthy then is it? Can't see the problem.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is what corporate social media should be all about!

Totally this. I think some people take social media WAY to seriously. Maybe it's just me, but I see the whole thing as a form of entertainment. Yes, be informative, but give us a laugh at the same time – there is far too much shite going on in the 'real' world that anything that acts as a brief distraction is more than OK in my book.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pizza Hut’s original tweet is poor, and Leeds are right - they are making a joke about something that happened a week ago.

Need to be faster to the punch.

Or, by leaving the tweet until the dust has settled, has Pizza Hut actually guaranteed MORE exposure for itself? There is no way the @LUFC team would've responded to every other tweet about 'spygate', so leaving it a week could've been the best thing to do.

But I'm with [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] – probably because I'm a cynical so and so who thinks almost everything like this is a publicity stunt...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds for me.

Personally I thought the Leeds reply was excellent and then Pizza Hut went a bit far. At the end of the day, Pizza Hut started that exchange, and now they've probably finished it - and as someone else said on this thread, it will do them more harm than good locally.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Leeds for me.

Personally I thought the Leeds reply was excellent and then Pizza Hut went a bit far. At the end of the day, Pizza Hut started that exchange, and now they've probably finished it - and as someone else said on this thread, it will do them more harm than good locally.

But then if Leeds hadn't been up to their tricks.......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But then if Leeds hadn't been up to their tricks.......
Do you think the Leeds twitter account would have taken the piss out of Pizza Hut if, say, there was a scandal uncovered where Pizza Hut were doing something a little naughty but trivial? I don't know, something like deducting "expenses" from waiter tips?

IMO, Leeds didn't do anything to invite a piss taking tweet from a pizza company!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you think the Leeds twitter account would have taken the piss out of Pizza Hut if, say, there was a scandal uncovered where Pizza Hut were doing something a little naughty but trivial? I don't know, something like deducting "expenses" from waiter tips?

IMO, Leeds didn't do anything to invite a piss taking tweet from a pizza company!

:shrug: personally I'm not that bothered about anyone taking the piss out of Leeds

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aren't we in danger of taking social media a little too seriously at times ? I quite enjoyed Pizza Hut's snarky reply, and would actively encourage businesses to openly abuse each other on Twitter for our entertainment.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Made me chuckle. Delightfully childish stuff from both. All a bit of fun. #teampizzahut though obvs.

Well you might dismiss it as harmless banter but I'm outraged. Outraged I tell you.

(I'm not sure what I'm outraged about yet, but I'm sure there's something. There always is).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here