Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Policing drones is a very very difficult thing to do.

Disabling them remotely or creating no-fly zones is all well and good, IF the drone you're flying is made by a manufacturer who has complied with the law. Nothing at all stopping you from buying parts and making your own or importing some crap from China.

The reality is that as batteries and wireless chips have improved, drones have got easier and cheaper to make.

I really hope they catch these morons responsible for this though. If there's any consolation at all it's that the people affected will still get where they're going before Christmas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potential 5 year sentence for endangering the safety of an aircraft. Hope they can throw the book at them.
Depends if it is a dweeb in his underpants in his bedroom, or a terrorist incident.

Perhaps stringing them up from the highest yardarm would learn them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Odd that it’s been going on for so long.....seems lie the airport first shut around 9pm last night, but drones still being seen this morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why doesn't a police marksperson shoot the bloody thing down?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to the BBC the police are concerned about stray bullets.

So they take out a few local residents...tough...it's Christmas...people need to get away for their holidays.

Personally I would use the anti aircraft missiles that are stored in southwick tunnel .

We spend all this money on weapons and then don't use them.

Barber out!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Odd that it’s been going on for so long.....seems lie the airport first shut around 9pm last night, but drones still being seen this morning.

It is now being classed as deliberate sabotage.

Must be a lot of people involved, I thought the batteries on these things lasted less than 15 minutes !

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wonder if it's been tested in the wild yet though ? I only ask as one of my son's has a drone and it's controlled using his mobile phone - can't see it being practical for an airport to block mobile phone frequencies.

Do you know where he’s been since last night?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
These things happen. Luckily I used a free upgrade for this flight so can start drinking the lounge dry once it's socially acceptable to start doing so.

We demand an increasingly sozzled and ranting blog of your day, starting from around your third alcoholic drink (ie now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I really hope they catch these morons responsible for this though
As they're unlikely to be standing by the perimeter fence then I don't see how they can catch them, maybe they're daft enough to fly them back to where they are, dunno.

The whole drone thing is a ticking time bomb. If anyone wanted, they could "paralyse" pretty well anything with little fear of being caught. I'm surprised that as soon as they came to market there wasn't an immediate intervention to understand the implications and react in some way (recognising that extremists will always find a way around)

It's a personal pet peeve of mine :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here