Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club "investigating" dedicated train service to Manchester

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Normal rules apply. Never ever trust a privatised UK train to get you where you need to be, when you need to be there for. Might as well fill in the Delay Reply form before you you even leave home.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So what's the idea of the no booze proposal then? Part of the insurance? Agreement with the transport police? Agreement of the hire of the carriages?

Whether it's worth the money sort of depends on how strictly this rule is going to be maintained.

On the other hand, if it's going to get to Manc at 12:30 that's enough time for a couple of pre-match beers. It's more the way back. Not sure I could stay sober till 11 after the footy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So what's the idea of the no booze proposal then? Part of the insurance? Agreement with the transport police? Agreement of the hire of the carriages?

Whether it's worth the money sort of depends on how strictly this rule is going to be maintained.

On the other hand, if it's going to get to Manc at 12:30 that's enough time for a couple of pre-match beers. It's more the way back. Not sure I could stay sober till 11 after the footy

It's law.

PSV operators are reminded of the terms of section 1(1) of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, which prohibits the carriage of alcohol on a PSV that is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Section 1(1) of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986,

1 Offences in connection with alcohol on coaches and trains.

(1)This section applies to a vehicle which
(a) is a public service vehicle or railway passenger vehicle, and
(b) is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.

(2) A person who knowingly causes or permits intoxicating liquor to be carried on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence
(a) if the vehicle is a public service vehicle and he is the operator of the vehicle or the servant or agent of the operator, or
(b) if the vehicle is a hired vehicle and he is the person to whom it is hired or the servant or agent of that person.

(3) A person who has intoxicating liquor in his possession while on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

(4) A person who is drunk on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

(5) In this section public service vehicle and operator have the same meaning as in the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well if you've ever been on a proper away day you would know that some trains run a dry service and you'll have your beer taken off you by the OB before boarding ,Just a heads up on the subject
regards
DR

I've been to plenty of away games on the train (not for a few years) and the only time I recall being on a "dry" train was when they ran out of booze on the way back from Port Vale in 2001.

Jan 30, 2008
I've been to plenty of away games on the train (not for a few years) and the only time I recall being on a "dry" train was when they ran out of booze on the way back from Port Vale in 2001.
on a dry train to Coventry out of Euston one year until someone broke into the buffet car :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Best get this out of the museum

IMAG1514.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Section 1(1) of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986,

1 Offences in connection with alcohol on coaches and trains.

(1)This section applies to a vehicle which
(a) is a public service vehicle or railway passenger vehicle, and
(b) is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.

(2) A person who knowingly causes or permits intoxicating liquor to be carried on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence
(a) if the vehicle is a public service vehicle and he is the operator of the vehicle or the servant or agent of the operator, or
(b) if the vehicle is a hired vehicle and he is the person to whom it is hired or the servant or agent of that person.

(3) A person who has intoxicating liquor in his possession while on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

(4) A person who is drunk on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

(5) In this section public service vehicle and operator have the same meaning as in the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981.
a few plastic bin liners and a bit of fly tipping sorts that problem out Bozza :cheers:
regards
DR

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
a lot cheaper to all chip in and hire a self drive minibus and let the driver go completely free for driving. It certainly wouldnt be £1200

It's law.

PSV operators are reminded of the terms of section 1(1) of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, which prohibits the carriage of alcohol on a PSV that is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.

Yup. And that includes minibuses.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My last two trips to Manchester have cost £74 return (F&F railcard with my son, totalling £95). So this special train doesn't really seem worth it!?

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Euston to Manchester return, with railcards, generally around £35 if bought with Advance fares, so the only reason to use this service would be to avoid the hassle at Euston there will be that day with Palace at Liverpool for a 3pm kick off the same day! But no booze on the train means its a no no for me

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
a lot cheaper to all chip in and hire a self drive minibus and let the driver go completely free for driving. It certainly wouldnt be £1200

Just how big is this minibus going to be to fit everyone in??

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So once again the club try something and we shoot them down. I am a single traveller who uses Seagull Travel and have skipped the long distance trips because of the early starts and late returns. I'd be in for this regardless of cost except that a coach has local pickups and takes me to the ground.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here