Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton Away

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It's a non glamour game on a Monday night. Last year we had to do "Bring a mate for £15" to sell out for the Stoke game in similar circumstances.

That was because Stoke brought nowhere near a full allocation, giving us a couple of more thousand tickets to sell than usual, which we pretty much did.

It still remains our 'Highest Home Tickets Sold' game in the Premier League.

Also, would've thought this one has a bit more than just 'a non glamour game' considering previous meetings in the last decade.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
That was because Stoke brought nowhere near a full allocation, giving us a couple of more thousand tickets to sell than usual, which we pretty much did.

It still remains our 'Highest Home Tickets Sold' game in the Premier League.

Also, would've thought this one has a bit more than just 'a non glamour game' considering previous meetings in the last decade.
You're kidding yourself.

Last season was our first in the Prem. The 2 draws v Southampton were dire. St Mary's is bigger than the Amex

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You're kidding yourself.

Last season was our first in the Prem. The 2 draws v Southampton were dire. St Mary's is bigger than the Amex

Kidding myself how? What I've said is true.

Yes, the last two draws were dire, that doesn't change the games that went before which felt like alot more than just another game.

St Mary's is a bit bigger by what? 2000? So that will probably give them about as many seats as we had to sell for Stoke.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone know best place(s) to park?

Give yourself plenty of time to get there. I can't recall what time we left Worthing last year but I'd allowed what I believed to be plenty of contingency time, but it was a horrible drive and I got in after the game had started.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair play to anyone making the journey on Monday for this one. By car, the drive there will be horrific. By train, the scramble back to Southampton Central for the 22.20 or 22.30 will be a mad dash.

I shall mainly be parking my arse on a barstool about 2 minutes walk away, but will raise a glass or several to your efforts. Lets hope its worth the trip. Who knows, we might even SCORE.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fair play to anyone making the journey on Monday for this one. By car, the drive there will be horrific. By train, the scramble back to Southampton Central for the 22.20 or 22.30 will be a mad dash.

Left about 11am/12 noon last year, leisurely drive down (no traffic), hefty lunch/dinner then park up. Same again on Monday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Left about 11am/12 noon last year, leisurely drive down (no traffic), hefty lunch/dinner then park up. Same again on Monday.

Yep, not so bad for those who are able to leave extra early. I've got a mate who can't get away from work (in Hove) before 4 though - he's going to be sweating it I reckons.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Give yourself plenty of time to get there. I can't recall what time we left Worthing last year but I'd allowed what I believed to be plenty of contingency time, but it was a horrible drive and I got in after the game had started.

Me too and consequently missed what proved to be the only goal that was scored by us at the away games I went to!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Taking my 11 year old daughter to her first away game, she lives in hedge end so driving down about 2 ish picking her up from school and taking her for pizza and then to the game, hope she gets some bragging rights at school the following morning! :albion2:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let's not kid ourselves. Support wise we're similar to both soton and palace. If we were to remain in the prem 5/6 years bobbing around mid to bottom, I'm confident we'd be in the same position trying to sell out the lesser games (esp on telly on a Monday night)
How is our support similar to Palace? We were getting nearly 30,000 in the Championship. They got about half that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How is our support similar to Palace? We were getting nearly 30,000 in the Championship. They got about half that.
Our support is very similar to that of Palace. Has been over the years and still is now.

They have often filled their cesspit when in the top flight or doing well in the second tier. They also, like us, had good crowds in the third tier during the 70s.

For both clubs these core levels of support have been sustained through decades as relatively small clubs plying our trade well outside the upper ranks.

Our current path is leading to a new status and a new level of support for us - where a higher % of Brighton & Hove / Sussex football fans are properly loyal to the Albion - but it will take a couple of generations to achieve fully....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here