Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup 2nd Round Draw

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Looks like Southampton have sold 1000+ for this one so far. We are going to be royally outsung. I can't understand why the singers/North Standers don't take more of a Withdean H Block feel to these sort of games and sit in the East Stand near the away end.

320 currently seats available in the SWC, and 460 in E1G, just one block from the away fans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
320 currently seats available in the SWC, and 460 in E1G, just one block from the away fans.

Not at all surprised how quickly this fixture seems to be selling. I tried to book my usual seat in W1G yesterday, only to find that the nearest seat availabe was in row X of block W1H.

Still, it shows what can happen when you price tickets so competitively. With seats selling so fast it remains to be seen if more ares of the ground may be opened up.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Not at all surprised how quickly this fixture seems to be selling. I tried to book my usual seat in W1G yesterday, only to find that the nearest seat availabe was in row X of block W1H.

Still, it shows what can happen when you price tickets so competitively. With seats selling so fast it remains to be seen if more ares of the ground may be opened up.

Are seats selling quickly?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That would take a little planning, organisation and what have you. I doubt most of us have thought a) Saints might bring a shedload as it's cheap and not far to come, and b) unless we make SOME effort to get singers together, our vocal support on the night is likely to be a little patchy ...
But it certainly looks a decent idea for any who haven't already bought their seats. And assuming there's plenty of space in the closest block.

Yes, I agree it would take a bit of organisation, but I'm surprised one of the bigger groups have never thought of doing it. E1G hasn't got many sold seats in atm and probably won't when the game is on.

Me and a small group of mates will get our tickets in there, we won't be able to make much difference mind. I did the same for Palace in the cup and it was a right laugh. It would've been great if we had a load of singers in there to really rub Murray's goal in their faces. What a moment after we had been getting stick all night. I love that part of the experience.

Southampton have sold out 2 blocks and on their way to selling a third. Probably 1500+ sold so far.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Are seats selling quickly?

Nope. Sold about 7000 home seats so far not including hospitality.

Bit strange as it's only £12 a ticket and a good chance to see some of the new players. Will probably end up with the same sort of crowd we had last year against Barnet!

Get to the Premier League and people can't be bothered to support the team anymore.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I’m delaying buying a ticket hoping that North Stand might open. Suspect I will end up in West Lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’m delaying buying a ticket hoping that North Stand might open. Suspect I will end up in West Lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Doubt they will, still over 2500 tickets left in the two open stands.

Makes you wonder if more people would've turned up if the North was open.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Which is why E1G would be the perfect block for a singing section.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Seems odd the club decided not to sell the North Stand for this game?! Why not close close the two end blocks of the East and West stands instead?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here