Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hopefully they can turn their awful run of QB bad picks around with Mayfield. He'll need protection that's for sure.
To me, the Denzel Ward pick felt like a hometown boy kind of pick something along the lines of Brady Quinn. Would he of been available in round 2 if the Browns had not picked him? I suppose it's all conjecture at this point.

Mayfield may end up beating Tyrod out in camp imo. The Browns line was much improved last year.

No, he wouldn't have been available in the 2nd round but I'm sure a QB needy team could have given them something for the no.4 pick and they could have moved down and got Ward later in the first. No biggie, he could be the best CB in the draft (think I prefer Alexander) and they obviously like him.

Jul 7, 2003
Reading various bits on Twitter, Broncos were ready to trade with the Bills but pulled out when Chubb was unexpectedly still be available.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Mayfield may end up beating Tyrod out in camp imo. The Browns line was much improved last year.

No, he wouldn't have been available in the 2nd round but I'm sure a QB needy team could have given them something for the no.4 pick and they could have moved down and got Ward later in the first. No biggie, he could be the best CB in the draft (think I prefer Alexander) and they obviously like him.

Reports now saying the Pats were willing to trade up for him, if he wasnt selected at no 1. Also that he was the Jets first choice. Lots of pundits saying he was perfect for Belichick as he could be mechanical like Brady.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/01/tom-brady-retirement-age-new-england-patriots

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Reports now saying the Pats were willing to trade up for him, if he wasnt selected at no 1. Also that he was the Jets first choice. Lots of pundits saying he was perfect for Belichick as he could be mechanical like Brady.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/01/tom-brady-retirement-age-new-england-patriots

I definitely believe Mayfield was the safest option on the board. Darnold (turnovers) Allen (accuracy) & Rosen (appetite, injury) all had question marks. It's what I would have done. I think they also knew had they taken Barkley at 1 as many have been suggesting then Mayfield would have been gone. I also like Mayfield's character for the Browns, I think they need a confident, in your face leader for the turn around they are attempting.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone else try and get tickets to the London games yesterday? Was an absolute joke on Ticketshafter as usual. NFL really need to look at how they sell tickets for these games.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone else try and get tickets to the London games yesterday? Was an absolute joke on Ticketshafter as usual. NFL really need to look at how they sell tickets for these games.

Yep, 3 tickets for the Chargers v Titans game purchased, & the Wembley Premier Inn booked for the Sunday night as its the start of half term for Jnr....:clap2:

Jul 7, 2003
Haven't booked Wembley this year as I'm saving my cash for a visit to Denver. I'm hoping I might be able to take in two games as in October we have a Sunday game at home to the Rams followed quickly by Thursday night in Phoenix.

Jul 7, 2003
Very pleased with myself today. Booked a trip for me and my son to go to see the MNF game at Mile High between the Broncos and the Chiefs. Bargain flight - £360 each with United direct from Heathrow to Denver, tickets booked on the middle level and a stadium tour booked for the Saturday morning. Just need to book some accommodation now.

Been a Broncos fan since the mid 80's and seen them play a few times but never been to Denver itself so really looking forward to this.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Very pleased with myself today. Booked a trip for me and my son to go to see the MNF game at Mile High between the Broncos and the Chiefs. Bargain flight - £360 each with United direct from Heathrow to Denver, tickets booked on the middle level and a stadium tour booked for the Saturday morning. Just need to book some accommodation now.

Been a Broncos fan since the mid 80's and seen them play a few times but never been to Denver itself so really looking forward to this.

That's awesome!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Any one been watching the new Last chance U. I have to admit loving the first two series at East Mississippi U. Never quite got Buddy but I absolutely feel for Brittany Wagner and her attempt to get the players the grades they needed to get another chance in college football, and the scholarships that go with them. Really shows you the other end of the system and the power/money of the big Ivy league teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GijgZTx5E

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just booked a trip to see University of Michigan and the Lions in October. Very excited!

My best mate used to live and work in Detroit during the Barry Sanders era, and is a massive Leos fan. Also spent a fair chunk of his Saturdays at the Big House watching Michigan. Always tells me how hes never experienced an atmosphere like it at a football game since....

Enjoy!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Any one been watching the new Last chance U. I have to admit loving the first two series at East Mississippi U. Never quite got Buddy but I absolutely feel for Brittany Wagner and her attempt to get the players the grades they needed to get another chance in college football, and the scholarships that go with them. Really shows you the other end of the system and the power/money of the big Ivy league teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GijgZTx5E

Yes me, love it. Was going to start this one tonight, also watch the Amazon 'All or Nothing' documentaries. They've just branched out into rugby with the All Blacks (finished it last night) and there's a soccer one I'm yet to watch.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Wow what pleasant surprise to find an NFL thread here. From a completely unbiased stand point, the NFL is hands down the best professional sport in the US for so many reasons. It’s always an exciting time of year once August hits.

The browns being on hardnocks this year is going to be brilliant....they’re the team everyone is going to be looking at with all their signings, after years and years of being shit. I still can’t see them winning more than 6-7 games looking at their schedule

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here