Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim krul

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt very much that is the case. Krul has worked with Hughton before, so know each other well. I think the loan was because Newcastle were delaying letting him go. I have no proof, just a hunch.
We are Premier League so need two top class keepers as a minimum.
Well, I did say 'IF' - something a previous poster seemed unable to understand! You may well be right - there was talk at he time of Hughton wanting a third keeper. I would have thought that Maenpaa would count as one of our top class keepers, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Premier League keepers called Tim are always QUALLA.

For that reason, I'm in.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Ryan's start was a worry.......
- So was David de Gea at Manure when he first when in the team,but they stuck with him. Must be difficult to build the relationship and knowledge of the way the team play, in a new team, especially after a long summer tournament and extended time off.

It's far too early to write Ryan off, but the start he made was bound to raise question marks.

I agree its too early to write Maty off, in my view the more games he has played the more he as improved. I wonder what Maenpaa must be thinking after signing the new contract extension and not getting a sniff of action.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Those are not great examples, to be honest - mankind is growing. They WERE still quite 'tall' in relation to the other players on the pitch. Footballers on the whole now are bigger and stronger.

Iker Casillas is an inch shorter than Ryan. Use him instead :thumbsup:
Yes, agree and the likes of Stepney and Bonetti who were from the same era and highly regarded were under six foot tall. Bonetti in particular was only around 5ft 10in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, agree and the likes of Stepney and Bonetti who were from the same era and highly regarded were under six foot tall. Bonetti in particular was only around 5ft 10in.

That surprises me about Peter Bonetti because when we played together in Victoria Park as teenagers he was as tall as me perhaps he didnt grow much after that but was very agile hence the nickname The Cat.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Krul is one of those 'keepers that occasionally has an unbelievable game. I remember his debut against Palermo and a game against Spurs where his heroics won us a game on another day we could easily have heavily lost.

However he's not great at crosses or distribution and latterly his concentration was called into question.

He's a top lad, an adopted Geordie and a decent 'keeper, but there's a reason we've let him go.

as an aside, I'm staggered we've allowed the move to be made permanent in time for this fixture. Seems a simple (if petty) thing to delay the completion so you had 1 player unavailable for the game, and how every slight the difference that would make, margins are measured in millimeters in the top flight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Krul is one of those 'keepers that occasionally has an unbelievable game. I remember his debut against Palermo and a game against Spurs where his heroics won us a game on another day we could easily have heavily lost.

However he's not great at crosses or distribution and latterly his concentration was called into question.

He's a top lad, an adopted Geordie and a decent 'keeper, but there's a reason we've let him go.

as an aside, I'm staggered we've allowed the move to be made permanent in time for this fixture. Seems a simple (if petty) thing to delay the completion so you had 1 player unavailable for the game, and how every slight the difference that would make, margins are measured in millimeters in the top flight.

Benitez didnt rate him and wanted Pepe Reina.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Could be that you hope we play him, given his weakness with crosses and distribution. Maybe your manager is trying to gain a millimetre over us.

:)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You haven't see Matt Ryan. Krul was a much needed signing

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
That surprises me about Peter Bonetti because when we played together in Victoria Park as teenagers he was as tall as me perhaps he didnt grow much after that but was very agile hence the nickname The Cat.

Yup, he was a seriously agile goalkeeper with tremendous reflexes and anticipation.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Krul seems to have been around a long time,so was amazed when I looked up his stats.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/911211785939750913

[tweet]911211785939750913[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Help. I've discovered I've got something in common with Ben's Grandad. I used to play football in Victoria Park - I presume that is Worthing, because Peter Bonetti came from Worthing. I am wondering whether to seek counselling..... Although I would have been a few years later,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here