Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No - the only recent possibility of bad blood is over Calderwood but I doubt they'd let that get in the way of ticket allocation. It just goes to show that we are much more accommodating to away fans than they are to us.

IF we go up then I hope we have some reasonable dialogue with other clubs regarding a tit for tat arrangement on allocation. Any club giving us a poor allocation should be rewarded with the lowest possible we can get away with in return.

If we go up the away allocation will be 3000 (or 10% of capacity which is, of course, near as damn it, 3k). They are, as I understand it, the rules. Whether an away team then takes up that allocation is up to them but I suspect a fair few will because it's a new ground for pretty much every premier league club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whether an away team then takes up that allocation is up to them but I suspect a fair few will because it's a new ground for pretty much every premier league club.

If we count just competitive fixtures, the following current EPL clubs have visited us at least once previously:
Arsenal
Liverpool
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Leicester
Hull
M'Boro
Sunderland

We obviously will go up with 2 teams that have visited us, so it is likely that of the other 19 EPL clubs, there will be only 7 that we're a new ground for, and 2 of them have played us here in pre-season friendlies.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we go up the away allocation will be 3000 (or 10% of capacity which is, of course, near as damn it, 3k). They are, as I understand it, the rules. Whether an away team then takes up that allocation is up to them but I suspect a fair few will because it's a new ground for pretty much every premier league club.

Fair enough, the first part kind of renders my first post useless. The 3K cap is a real bummer for a team like us with exactly 30K capacity - basically we have to give up our whole away end but only get a fractional percentage at places like Man U and West Ham. Grrr.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If we count just competitive fixtures, the following current EPL clubs have visited us at least once previously:
Arsenal
Liverpool
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Leicester
Hull
M'Boro
Sunderland

We obviously will go up with 2 teams that have visited us, so it is likely that of the other 19 EPL clubs, there will be only 7 that we're a new ground for, and 2 of them have played us here in pre-season friendlies.

Good point.

West Brom
Swansea (unless relegated)
Everton
Man City
Leicester
Man Utd
Stoke

PG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Arsenal
Liverpool
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Burnley
Palace
West Ham
Leicester
Hull
M'Boro
Sunderland

7 is a fair few !!!

Fair enough, the first part kind of renders my first post useless. The 3K cap is a real bummer for a team like us with exactly 30K capacity - basically we have to give up our whole away end but only get a fractional percentage at places like Man U and West Ham. Grrr.

Same ratio though for all the teams with a sub 30k capacity, which at a guess is about half of those currently in the Premier League.

The 3k allocation will indeed be correct for next season. When the full 3k allocation is taken the away team will either have the whole of the south stand including the corners or as happened for Villa, we will have S1F and they will get E1H. I think either scenario would see the few columns for segregation in their areas. For examplel, in the Villa game, the segregation came from our blocks but this pushed the away allocation just above 3k.

What this clearly means that if we have 24k x STH, 2k x 1901 members, 3k x visitors it does only leave about 1500 for sale on a match by match basis. Those who wish to attend and don't have a season ticket would probably benefit from Bronze membership to ensure they get first dibs before general sale.

Of course, a fully functioning/marketed season ticket exchange would ensure another 2-3k for most matches so the importance of doing so cannot be under estimated as it could boost available numbers for match by match sales by 300%

Not every away team will bring 3000 either. Watford, West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Stoke, Bournemouth, Hull and Swansea I guess would not and would also free up more home tickets. Of course, these are also the games that will have less interest to the occasional home fans.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What this clearly means that if we have 24k x STH, 2k x 1901 members, 3k x visitors it does only leave about 1500 for sale on a match by match basis.

We've got 3k 1901ers, not 2k. Also, when the club talk about ST holders (which I thought they'd said was just over 23k), they include 1901ers (I think...?)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There is a mathematical principle that is if everybody sits where they want, the crowd needs to be c15 less than capacity. This accommodates for the empty seats left as people try and sit in groups.

I'm sure those advocating sit where you want in a sell out crowd would be happy to see reduces away tickets to meet this request?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I will politely ask you to fetch a steward and ensure everyone is in their correct seat

I'd advise [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] to call on West Midland Constabulary. They need little excuse to sling out a football fan.

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
i phoned villa hospitality yesterday afternoon informed them i was a brighton fan she said no problem i paid for two seats in the restaurant booked a hotel and train tickets making a lomg weekend of it price was £110+vat hope that helps

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i phoned villa hospitality yesterday afternoon informed them i was a brighton fan she said no problem i paid for two seats in the restaurant booked a hotel and train tickets making a lomg weekend of it price was £110+vat hope that helps

Which lounge are you in?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which lounge are you in?

The Brighton lounge! We've basically taken it over. Just behave everyone and act like the gentlemen and good citizens of Brighton that we are. Its a wonderful old ground and the Trinity stand is rather lovely if you're not familiar with. The place positively STINKS of history and heritage. Villa are a massive club with an incredible history. Bruce will have them back up in no time. And Brummies are a warm lovely people generally. Top supporters are The Villllllaa!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here