Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

theboybilly

A few around me getting on Dale's back last night after we went down to 10 men. He wasn't getting it forward quickly enough apparently. No matter that half the time the pass they wanted played wasn't on or that we were still getting organised so best keep possession...oh no. All I kept hearing was 'Give a sh*t Stephens!'

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A few around me getting on Dale's back last night after we went down to 10 men. He wasn't getting it forward quickly enough apparently. No matter that half the time the pass they wanted played wasn't on or that we were still getting organised so best keep possession...oh no. All I kept hearing was 'Give a sh*t Stephens!'

I hear alot of this too. He misplaced a pass into space once in the entire game, and probably had more touches than anyone. Cue the' FAHKIN STEVANS ANUVVA POOR GAYM, EE DUZANT CARE etc..'. I think by that point, Norwood had misplaced half a dozen and accrobatically volleyed it towards our own net, but nope, it was Stephens that was having the poor game:facepalm:

Reminds me very much of last season where Dunk could do no right after the fiasco at the start of the season, despite him being one our best players of the campaign.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I hear alot of this too. He misplaced a pass into space once in the entire game, and probably had more touches than anyone. Cue the' FAHKIN STEVANS ANUVVA POOR GAYM, EE DUZANT CARE etc..'. I think by that point, Norwood had misplaced half a dozen and accrobatically volleyed it towards our own net, but nope, it was Stephens that was having the poor game:facepalm:

Reminds me very much of last season where Dunk could do no right after the fiasco at the start of the season, despite him being one our best players of the campaign.
Where was that then, didn't hear anything critical of him in the North

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm hoping the transfer window closes with Dale Stephens still in our side.
If that is the case how much would it cost us to match any other clubs fee in July?
Also how much would we (the fans) want the club to pay out to keep him?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think he would probably be looking for a hefty signing on fee and 40k a week plus but on the same basis many of our top earners would be pushing for wages fitting for premier league players. Our wage bill will easily double if we go up

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I would guess that if Burnley were prepared to pay £8m plus wages and signing on fee, then an out of contract player pockets the whole lot himself.
Therefore could we buy a player as good as Dale for say £12m?
He must be worth about that much of our budget?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Little snippet in the paper. The Ginger man still wants him and is looking to offer 2.5m before the end of the window

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I heard the usual "FORWARD" and "PASS IT FORWARD" when we were down the ten me. Especially when Stephens had the ball, we had no one up the pitch most of the time. Do people really think EVERY single pass should be played forward? I watched Barcelona last week and they passed a corner backwards which eventually went back to the keeper. Can only imagine the meltdown if we did that.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I heard the usual "FORWARD" and "PASS IT FORWARD" when we were down the ten me. Especially when Stephens had the ball, we had no one up the pitch most of the time. Do people really think EVERY single pass should be played forward? I watched Barcelona last week and they passed a corner backwards which eventually went back to the keeper. Can only imagine the meltdown if we did that.

Were you not around for the Poyet years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here