Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you keep in your FRIDGE ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Eggs yes, but not sure why - I have a perfectly good ceramic hen on the worktop, which is where they should go. Not allowed to eat tomatoes, so no dilemma there. Certainly not any sauces - I have no idea why people do that, they're vinegar based and not going to go off. I don't do marg/spreads only butter, so there's always a spare block there - the stuff in use is on the worktop.

One of my drugs needs to be kept in the fridge, so there's usually 2 or 3 boxes of that.

You keep your chisel in the fridge :ohmy:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Plenty of OBVIOUS things of course. Beer. Paté. Tomatoes. A severed finger.

But what about the more BORDERLINE stuff ? I mean things like eggs. They're not refrigerated in the supermarket, and yet I have several specifically designed egg receptacles WHORING themselves inside my fridge door to receive their curved arse-shells. Should they be stored in there ? What about ketchup ? Salad cream ? Brown sauce. MAYONNAISE ? I'll be honest, those particular bedfellows lurk exclusively within my pantry, and never darken my fridge door. Why ? Because I don't like to excrete COLD condiments onto HOT food. It doesn't work on any level. I like my ketchup and mayo how I like my women - lukewarm, and largely indifferent to my clumsy advances.

So what belongs in a FRIDGE - and what doesn't ?

We have two fridges, one normal size one which holds all the usual suspects that are needed (ie: eggs, dairy, veg) and the other a dolls house size, has all the chutneys and jams my wife has made from allotment produce this year :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The current situation:
(I'm flying back to the UK for 3 weeks this afternoon)

20161223_090426.jpg

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Eggs yes, but not sure why - I have a perfectly good ceramic hen on the worktop, which is where they should go. Not allowed to eat tomatoes, so no dilemma there. Certainly not any sauces - I have no idea why people do that, they're vinegar based and not going to go off. I don't do marg/spreads only butter, so there's always a spare block there - the stuff in use is on the worktop.

One of my drugs needs to be kept in the fridge, so there's usually 2 or 3 boxes of that.

Eggs are better kept out of fridge but, you are correct, any pickles, jams etc which have a lot of preservative in them should not be refrigerated.

Tomatoes are a no no for the fridge but, does anyone agree, the toms from some supermarkets (esp Tesco) may have been subjected to much regfrigeration and accordingly end up a sort of deep deep red whereas I much prefer them to be orange in colour when they have much more flavour. Also those same tomatoes do not like to be sliced as the skins have become as tough as an old boot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, Maggots and worms in the summer.....boilies in the freezer along with various other deadbaits ready for catfish.

I used to keep a fridge in the garage for bait...........only took one 'Great Escape' episode to stop me using the one in the kitchen :whistle:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's (over) rammed at the moment. Rib of beef for Christmas Day, a large gammon ham, terrine ingredients (pheasant, partridge, duck, pork, chicken livers - this evenings work), cream (double, clotted), cheese etc etc etc. About half a million calories probably.
As for the usual stuff - loads half-empty jars of sauces and jams, salad dressings, chutneys and the like, garlic and ginger puree, salad (thanks for the tip re tomatoes, going to try that), eggs, white wine, cava and champagne, couple of emergency beers, butter, milk.

Blimey daz, what size of fridge is this? a walk in one?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No Canadian bacon, Molsons, or Jos. Louis?

I would normally have Canadian bacon in fridge. Not Molson's though, it's a bit shit. Does Jos. Louis even go in the fridge.

There is a bottle of maple syrup in the door though :thumbsup:

Ahhh yes, I can tell you are in the colonies. Those yellow cans of Schweppes Tonic, aren't readilty available in the Mother country.

I'm forced to make two gin and tonics each time, given the size of the cans.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I would normally have Canadian bacon in fridge. Not Molson's though, it's a bit shit. Does Jos. Louis even go in the fridge.

You're correct. Jos. Louis doesn't go in the fridge but I love talking about the best thing I have ever eaten in Canada.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I'm forced to make two gin and tonics each time, given the size of the cans.

What a terrible hardship!:thumbsup:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
leg wax and alcohol

Great name for an album.

Anyway, I digress.

Bar the usual CONDIMENTS at least four varieties of cheese which MUST be taken out at least an hour prior to consumption, olives, capers and cornichon for general snackery and at least six festering yoghurts that her indoors buys but never eats inside the use by date.

Personally if a yoghurt doesn't get up and walk off with its own legs then I consider it good enough to EAT.

Oh and almost always a half SQUIRTED tube of tomato purée can be found on the top shelf in the door...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here