Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City fan in peace...with a possible player for you?

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Well, my annual trip to your boards as we are up next for you.

Must start with heartfelt congratulations on your promotion. Takes real spirit to bounce back after the disappointment last year so well. Clearly the best team in the league, and fancy you will be more Bournemouth than Middlesborough next season.

Next week is going to be a funny one. By the time we kick off, you could be Champions, we could be safe. Hope those are both true, and we can just enjoy a good game with no nerves. I suppose par is you winning by a couple or so in this one. Not really a case of us needing a point, as much as avoiding a repeat of the 5-0 we had recently at Preston! Mind you, that was sandwiched in a run of eight games were we have picked up 16 points, so decent end of season form.

We can play really well and complete crap in the same game, including today, so goodness knows what you will see from us. Hopefully for us a better effort than at our place. We went 2-0 at Newcastle for instance and were lucky in the end to get a point. Would happily take a one goal defeat right now if offered, if we are not safe.

Anyhow, you may have to take a risk or two with some players next year. You could do worse in my view than seeing if Chelsea will loan you Tammy Abraham for a season. Been a real pleasure watching him grow and mature this year. Only just turned 19, and sadly to continue to develop needs better than us next year, assuming he does not make the Chelsea squad just yet. Been around a few years myself, and only player I have seen in that time where you looked at him in the same way and thought 'he is going to go far' was a 21 year old Andy Cole at Ashton Gate. Never quite know with youngsters, but if continues to develop will be a real star.

Anyhow, we will pay homage to your achievements I am sure next week. Hope for better, but expect to lose by a couple. Hopefully a party atmosphere for us all. See you shortly!

Great post. Thank you
As last home game, should be a disco in the east stand for both home and away fans
We can share a drink

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great post. Thank you
As last home game, should be a disco in the east stand for both home and away fans
We can share a drink

Don't be tight. We've just been promoted: the least you could do is buy the man his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here