Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven-Dieppe Ferry advice please

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's quite a bit in the offing (I've been working on some of it)... Details to follow! Mostly flats though, I have to admit.

What would be great is Gunwharf type development along the waterfront.

The big new access road is already there, btw. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...:0x3eb9e8f1e73ab1da!8m2!3d50.79307!4d0.045574

Isn't the Port Authority supposed to be building on the east side again? There were rumours about losing Tide Mills beach, which can be sandy at very low tide.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Newhaven port desperately needs a new loading ramp- the existing one is not fit for purpose. As for Normandy- well I've been here for 15 years off and on. Great place. If you want the sea air- visit the D Day beaches. Lion sur Mer is great- not too big and busy. Also Beauvron en Auge which James Martin visited recently on his French trip is a very historic pretty village. Honfleur is nice but quite touristy

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Many thanks Yes Chef and all. Plenty of food for thought (and drink!)

My pleasure.
Jumieges was stunning btw, if it's not too much of schlep from your Dieppe base. We've had a beautiful spring day over here so that helps, but incredible ruins nearly a millennium old, with the chalk cliffs of the Seine in the background.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Do they have reclining seats on the decks of do you have to book a cabin?

As mentioned elsewhere, they do have large comfortable reclining seats. The cabins are reasonably priced if you want a little more privacy, but you arrive at around 4am local time so I've never really considered using them.
Alternatively there is a 10am crossing I've used in the past, nice coffee, alright food and ale on draught.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's good to see the ferry filling up yesterday. Let's hope they keep it going. That side of the port has so much potential. Needs a developer to flatten the lot, create a new port, create a new industrial estate, and turn it in to a decent marina with shops, restaurants, flats and houses. It would transform Newhaven because that side has become so run down now. obviously something needs to be done about access.

As I was saying.

http://planningpa.lewes.gov.uk/onli....do?caseType=Application&keyVal=OMJMD0JD00F00

Interesting place for a 13-storey hotel! [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION]

hotel elevation.JPG

This is the site currently:

current.JPG

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its a great service, used it new year as a footpassenger, walked down to the train station in about 15 minutes in the frost, 5AM train down to Rouen and then onto Le Mans. The train service is execellent in France.

Tip - if you want a shower you need to take your own showergel, they will give you a towl if you ask when you check in as they dont bother putting them in the cabins on most crossings.

Use the Eurotunnel a lot as well when the dog comes along, also a great service as long as you use it outside of any kids school holidays. The drive is endless from here if you head south compared to Dieppe or Quistream.

D

Deleted member 22389

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here