Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The middle tweet from post 1359.

Trump voters were voting for the rule book to be thrown out, they were voting for big gestures, big talk and big ideas.
They are getting exactly what they want, at the moment.

Come back with that point in a year or so (assuming we're all still alive) when it's starting to become obvious there's no substance to the noise.
I didn't mean those that voted for him because they liked what he said.

I meant those that voted for him just to vote against 'crooked' Hillary. They've got Crooked++.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd be interested to know how the ratio of Brexit/Leavers correlates with the numbers who signed that petition. Apologies if that's already been discussed, but I'm not reading 139 pages.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone on here honestly think Trump is doing better than expected?

His press conference yesterday was as good as any comedy I've seen out of the US in a decade

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's a complete ****ing nut job, watching his news conferences is tragic and scary and anyone who disagrees is just as deluded as he is! FACT

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd be interested to know how the ratio of Brexit/Leavers correlates with the numbers who signed that petition. Apologies if that's already been discussed, but I'm not reading 139 pages.

Well if the look at the map there I think it speaks for itself. I think Trump should visit Boston on his state visit, that's Boston in Lincolnshire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whatever the rulebook was for doing politics/media management it is now .. being redefined. :wozza:

I don't think it has. Not at all. And Trump will find this out.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He's a complete ****ing nut job, watching his news conferences is tragic and scary and anyone who disagrees is just as deluded as he is! FACT

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

If people continue to believe that he can be reigned in, or just remain silent, we are stepping closer to WWIII with every tweet, phone call and press conference

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres people on NSC prepared to defend the ****wit, with crap 'fake news' comments when the administration is making enough real news.
In a month.
Security chief misleads administration and public on speaking to Russia about sanctions.
Senior adviser makes up story about a massacre.
Describes the administrations version of crowd numbers at inauguration as 'alternative facts'
Senior adviser then goes on to promote Ivanka Trumps fashion line.
Labour Secretary nominee pulls out when Republicans refuse to endorse due to undocumented, illegal immigrant housekeeper for years.
New Security Sec nominee says no thanks.
China, Russia, N. Korea.

but thats all the medias fault.

Better to make up stories about 'fake news' rather than address any real issues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Francis Underwood 'is' at least clever! Trump sounds like he skipped school and has landed on the throne like some weak medieval heir following the death of his warrior dad. Most UNpresidential president of all time. He just spouts garbage and I'm not talking about his politics, I'm talking about his everyday speech! It's just random aimless drivel that hardly bears any correlation to questions asked. Maybe he is insane, in the correct meaning rather than derogatory sense?

There was an analysis of his language recently. It was a serious analysis but highly amusing. He has the vocabulary range of a 9 year old.

As an aside how are you? Keeping well?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There was an analysis of his language recently. It was a serious analysis but highly amusing. He has the vocabulary range of a 9 year old.

As an aside how are you? Keeping well?

As evidenced by his explanation of what Uranium is..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm just relieved that every Twitter account is apparently a parady or joke vehicle, as otherwise I'd be terrified by what @RealDonaldTrump comes out with.

But as it's probably Jim Davison or Michael McIntyre behind the funny button I'm quite relaxed with the tweets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trump sounds like he skipped school and has landed on the throne like some weak medieval heir following the death of his warrior dad. Most UNpresidential president of all time. He just spouts garbage and I'm not talking about his politics, I'm talking about his everyday speech! It's just random aimless drivel that hardly bears any correlation to questions asked. Maybe he is insane, in the correct meaning rather than derogatory sense?

Pretty hard to argue with that. I especially like the unqualified medieval heir analogy. (Ignoring the fact Trump was democratically elected) that rings very true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Theres people on NSC prepared to defend the ****wit, with crap 'fake news' comments when the administration is making enough real news.
In a month.
Security chief misleads administration and public on speaking to Russia about sanctions.
Senior adviser makes up story about a massacre.
Describes the administrations version of crowd numbers at inauguration as 'alternative facts'
Senior adviser then goes on to promote Ivanka Trumps fashion line.
Labour Secretary nominee pulls out when Republicans refuse to endorse due to undocumented, illegal immigrant housekeeper for years.
New Security Sec nominee says no thanks.
China, Russia, N. Korea.

but thats all the medias fault.

Better to make up stories about 'fake news' rather than address any real issues.

He's just America's answer to Mourino.

Classic bait and switch move, I do accept I'm giving The Donald too much credit, but the point still stands.

Nobody is talking about any of that.
It's all about Donny, as the carpet is being raised and the brooms are being readied.

Get used to it, already the pattern is well and truly in place.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm just relieved that every Twitter account is apparently a parady or joke vehicle, as otherwise I'd be terrified by what @RealDonaldTrump comes out with.

But as it's probably Jim Davison or Michael McIntyre behind the funny button I'm quite relaxed with the tweets.

Rory Bremner must be getting really frustrated - just as he comes up with a new line for his parody character, Trump says it himself.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Some things are bad.. actually I've transcribed that section as it's is worth repeating here:

"You know what Uranium is right"

"It's a thing called Nuclear Weapons" <pinches forefinger and thumb together & releases, perhaps to show a small hand held mushroom cloud?>

"and other things..." <brief pause as is way off piste>

"like... lots of things are done" <waves tiny hand in the air as the words just won't come>

"With Uranium, including some bad things"

There you have it... the leader of the free world.

Edit to add: So, is he suggesting that Uranium can be used to make nuclear weapons... got it... but ALSO some bad things?

Like Nuclear Weapons are the good things?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In a month.
Senior adviser makes up story about a massacre....

thats the big one for me. they got caught literally making something up, not a mis-understanding, not a speaking out of turn. invented a story that never happened. their "fake news" mantra should have ended there, the spin doctors and advisers dropping the line of attack and regrouping on new ground. but they've stuck with it, because they dont understand politics and apparently dont have any structure or control over what the administration say and do.

whats the saying, you dont become the news. Trump is making himself, his claims, his personality, his paranoia, the news, rather than policy. its ok in these early days with his support largely immune to it all, they probably dont even know much, but he's alienating the media and political classes, and when he cant deliver on policy i dont think he'll be able to rely on "its the media's fault", even though thats probably what he's trying to setup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here