Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Test: South Africa v England at Johannesburg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anderson been removed from the attack by the umpire Aleem Dar for running on the wicket :nono:

Stokes continues the over.... and takes the last wicket!

South Africa 313 all out (99.3 overs)

All 11 batsmen in double figures, but none made 50.

Stokes 3-53, Finn 2-50, Broad 2-82, Ali 1-50, Anderson 1-60,

6 catches and an excellent run out for Bairstow.

Well bowled England :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bairstow has tied Grout and Jack Russell for most catches in a test vs South Africa. One more would have broken the record.

Only the 13th time in test history all 11 players have reached double figures in an innings.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bairstow has tied Grout and Jack Russell for most catches in a test vs South Africa. One more would have broken the record.

Only the 13th time in test history all 11 players have reached double figures in an innings.

And in those 13, is this the first time none of them went on to get a 50?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd take this from the toss but I cant help but think they have 50 runs more than they should due to slack bowling. What was Broad trying to do ? When you get tail enders pulling you quite comfortably surely it's not worth digging it in. doh !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And in those 13, is this the first time none of them went on to get a 50?

According to cricinfo - yes!

Also Stokes the youngest England test player to reach 50 wickets and 1,000 runs since...Sir Ian Botham.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'd take this from the toss but I cant help but think they have 50 runs more than they should due to slack bowling. What was Broad trying to do ? When you get tail enders pulling you quite comfortably surely it's not worth digging it in. doh !

Saves me posting something very similar, Broad tends to get brain fade but shouldn't his Captain be having words?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cook needs a score of 178 to reach 10,000 test runs, he says optimistically.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Saves me posting something very similar, Broad tends to get brain fade but shouldn't his Captain be having words?

"Now look here Broad, you can take your 324 test wickets and stick 'em up your arse, we need to keep it TIGHT!"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here