Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking Of Commuting To London Tomorrow ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another working day and another load of delays.

Jusdt been text that landslide between Gatwick and East croy. Could have bad implications.

100% record continues

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My journey in was OK this morning, I was quite surprised when it was only (the usual) 12 minutes late.

No doubt they'll make up for it with the journey home, this landslide looks like a good start.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Another working day and another load of delays.

Jusdt been text that landslide between Gatwick and East croy. Could have bad implications.

100% record continues

Apparently "only" causing 20 min delays, so presumably isn't that bad. Fortunately, I'm working at home today anyway. Back up to the smoke tomorrow, though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not one train has been on time so far this year and I've ended up walking to work twice from my connection. I'm sure that extra 15% is being put to use somewhere.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I have got delay repay for 3 out of 4 journeys (an acceptable 20 minute delay home tonight) so far in 2014.

I have got so many delay repays running I have lost track on how much I am due to be refunded.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Depressing. I don't see it changing any time soon

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Late home and the Victoria line was shut this morning due to a fatality

I have a horrible feeling I was on that tube train when that happened at Warren Street this morning. We pulled up pretty sharpish, and the doors didn't open, then the driver came on the pa saying we were "in an emergency situation". Then the lights went out on the train, presumably as they cut the power, then a staff member came along a few minutes later opening all the doors manually and we had to evacuate the station. Loads of police, fire and ambulance crews at the top. Not a nice feeling.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have got delay repay for 3 out of 4 journeys (an acceptable 20 minute delay home tonight) so far in 2014.

I have got so many delay repays running I have lost track on how much I am due to be refunded.

It may be a little sad, but I think I may keep my own log this year to see how bad it really is. 10 mins late this morning - and exceedingly busy on the train for some reason, was standing by Hove today, which has got to p*ss you off if you've paid 4.5k.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It may be a little sad, but I think I may keep my own log this year to see how bad it really is. 10 mins late this morning - and exceedingly busy on the train for some reason, was standing by Hove today, which has got to p*ss you off if you've paid 4.5k.

This week will push the London line to it's capacity, as just about everyone who might work in London will be 'in the office'. On the London Bridge service from Littlehampton yesterday(which I caught at 6:47 from Durrington), the coach I was in (decent seats) had people standing from Worthing!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This week will push the London line to it's capacity, as just about everyone who might work in London will be 'in the office'. On the London Bridge service from Littlehampton yesterday(which I caught at 6:47 from Durrington), the coach I was in (decent seats) had people standing from Worthing!!

Yup, I was told it was busy yesterday on the earlier one (6:22 at Shoreham).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well worth the 5K I pay for the privilege.

Indeed. I switched from your train to the early one a few years ago because seats were starting to become scarce, if it carries on like this, mine will be the same (though it will drop off over the next weeks). I don't have an earlier LB train to get !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really am going to have to get my arse into gear and start claiming. It's been a shambles recently. A properly company might have struggled with the weather conditions so there was never any danger of the current train clowns coping with them properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here