Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windows 10 from usb

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having problems re installing windows 10 from usb. Been on to microsoft who created the usb from the ISO whatever that is. Went into Google and did as suggested but the screens I got bore no relation to what google says should be there However the screen is now showing

Installing Windows

Status

green tick on copying window files
in bold Getting files ready for installation (59%)
Installing features
Installing updates
getting finishedi

What do I do when all lines havea green tick as this happened previously and then just restarted the process again.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Getting ready showed for 10 mins with the 5 dots moving in a circle then that went off and just the 5 dots which then stopped (froze) that is how its sits showing the name Toshiba Leading Innovation and the 5 dots. Very frustrating

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Once all the files have been installed, i.e. All green ticks and pc auto restarts, pull out the USB thumb drive and let windows finish off the installation. If you leave the USB thumb drive connected the pc will still try and read the drive, it will then try to boot all over again as it thinks it has to reinstall.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once all the files have been installed, i.e. All green ticks and pc auto restarts, pull out the USB thumb drive and let windows finish off the installation. If you leave the USB thumb drive connected the pc will still try and read the drive, it will then try to boot all over again as it thinks it has to reinstall.

I have done that and it is now set on getting devices ready 43% and has been for just on an hour

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Have you set the bios to boot from usb? If so change it back to hard drive press F12 when you turn machine on and a screen should come up showing your usb drive and other drives, click that and you should be good to go. If not then sorry can't help.

Edit just seen above. Give it restart.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
engorged_ticks-2.jpg

Sounds like your computer has Lymes disease, probably from those green ticks you keep mentioning :cool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have spent 3 hours today on the chat line to Microxoft support who talked me through many attempts to load it. It installed until it reached the getting ready for devices stage and stopped at varying points on 1 it was 10% on another 43% and another 20%. They then concluded that there is fault with the hard drive not Windows 10. So shall have to reconsider.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have spent 3 hours today on the chat line to Microxoft support who talked me through many attempts to load it. It installed until it reached the getting ready for devices stage and stopped at varying points on 1 it was 10% on another 43% and another 20%. They then concluded that there is fault with the hard drive not Windows 10. So shall have to reconsider.

Linux is your friend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is bad enough trying to install windows which everything is geared to. If it is a problem with the hard duve it will still be a problem with Linux surly.

That's assuming it is a problem with your hard drive. It could be well worth trying to install Linux to help you find out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's assuming it is a problem with your hard drive. It could be well worth trying to install Linux to help you find out.

Is it easy to use and what about the things on usb like letters which have been obtained through windows. If it free to ownload and install I may try it to avoid having a new hard drive.installed. If I dont like it I couldremove it but the laaptop wont boot up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here