Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Support

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't get to many away games, but from memory, the only time I felt we were losing the volume war during the singing was at Boro in May. We were pretty loud, but there was a point where the home fans were cranking it up and I felt like we were up against the ropes!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
A part of me definitely misses the days of Chesterfield,Lincoln,Shrewsbury,Grimsby etc as our away support back then was made from a different mix, now it's a few singers here and there, a handful of the old crowd and a lot of new style footie fans/need to sit in my seat brigade.

I'll still always prefer the away day as a whole though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A part of me definitely misses the days of Chesterfield,Lincoln,Shrewsbury,Grimsby etc as our away support back then was made from a different mix, now it's a few singers here and there, a handful of the old crowd and a lot of new style footie fans/need to sit in my seat brigade.

Sitters went to the front standers went to the back it was simple at Wednesday. It was sit where you like though.

Nowadays the long trips are much better than the under 100 mile ones, far fewer twats

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wigan away shall be good. I've missed the last two away games unfortunately so need my fix again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In my view probably the most passionate, loudest, and most unexpected Albion support was at Fulham just after Christmas in 2014. We were deep in relegation do-do, Hyypia had just left the building, Nathan Jones was left holding the reins. It was as if someone had flicked the switch and there was this unbelievable bond between the team and the fans.

Ring of Fire will never be so good again after that night! :albion2:

https://brightonlines.com/2014/12/30/our-fans-deserved-that-performance-and-result/

I wrote up about that one. To this date my most visited entry on the site. Not surprising. Those who weren't there heard so much about the match.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In my view probably the most passionate, loudest, and most unexpected Albion support was at Fulham just after Christmas in 2014. We were deep in relegation do-do, Hyypia had just left the building, Nathan Jones was left holding the reins. It was as if someone had flicked the switch and there was this unbelievable bond between the team and the fans.

Ring of Fire will never be so good again after that night! :albion2:

With you all the way here. Cracking, crisp, still, freezing night. Lots of jumping around to keep us warm meant that the stadium was shaking. Non-stop noise. What's not to like?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
With you all the way here. Cracking, crisp, still, freezing night. Lots of jumping around to keep us warm meant that the stadium was shaking. Non-stop noise. What's not to like?

Indeed, although three of us going AoT on the slippery icy bridge was a bit shaky. Good night.

Although, as DelBoy so eloquently ejaculated, ''it was so cold out I just saw a Brass Monkey crying his eyes out''

Last edited:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
who could ever forget MK dons last season......

See I genuinely thought that was shit! Might have been where I was standing or my almighty cheltenham race hangover but it was just all day trippers and some prize plonkers - no atmosphere bar maybe 2 songs!

Give me 700 at Wigan any day

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was one of those newbies who tagged onto the Albion when we moved into the Amex, a decision I'm so pleased I made because I've become somewhat addicted now to the point of joining the masses travelling away.

So far I've not missed a game and have been amazed not only at the numbers but the fantastic enthusiasm and committment of those travelling away. The vocal support is amazing and everywhere we've been we have easily outsung the home crowd, even at St James Park where the local were looking up in envy at our masses singing away in the 88th minute like they had been in the 1st:clap2::clap2:.

CH commented on the quality of the away support and how much it means to the players, long may it continue, off to get my Wigan ticket now:wave:

Anybody help with ther words ro AK's song, I really struggle with it, maybe because I'm a bit deaf:)

How old are you and what did you do before the Amex era may I ask? That's a genuine polite and well-intentioned enquiry. Anybody with half a brain (and yes sadly that does rule out some on here) knows we had to expand the fanbase from the Withdean faithful - and the increased numbers aren't all people who haven't been to see the Albion since the Goldstone in 1980. I'm genuinely interested in the background of newer fans, and we all had to start sometime!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
MK Dons was vile, perhaps because I took my boy and there was ott swearing from this tool behind us. he'd swear then appologise then just keep on swearing. Young girl next to him n'all.

Jan 30, 2008
a part of me definitely misses the days of chesterfield,lincoln,shrewsbury,grimsby etc as our away support back then was made from a different mix, now it's a few singers here and there, a handful of the old crowd and a lot of new style footie fans/need to sit in my seat brigade.

you missed out real ale drinkers and the luv bus massive:facepalm: , anybody's birthday coming up ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
See I genuinely thought that was shit! Might have been where I was standing or my almighty cheltenham race hangover but it was just all day trippers and some prize plonkers - no atmosphere bar maybe 2 songs!

Give me 700 at Wigan any day
I SAID IT WOULD BE SHIT AND YOU'VE PROVED MY POINT
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Sitters went to the front standers went to the back it was simple at Wednesday. It was sit where you like though.

Nowadays the long trips are much better than the under 100 mile ones, far fewer twats
YOU MEAN PEOPLE THAT MIGHT SWEAR AND GET A BIT LIVELY ???
regards
DR

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
MK Dons was terrible and I'm afraid quite a few of the more local games (London) tend to have an element of complete nob heads in attendance IMO.

Much prefer an Ipswich away day on a Tuesday night or Sheff Wednesday away the following Saturday, tend to find the same old faces and genuine die hard away fans rather than the groups of young lads and serial moaners coming along for a jolly and day on the piss with that being more important than the football.

I'm sure I'll be slated, but that's my opinion. Vast majority of travelling support are a credit to the club, unfortunately the minority of idiots seem to be the ones that only travel to the likes of Fulham, QPR, or Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here