Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie oatway

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A little harsh, whether people thought it was misplaced or not, his loyalty to Poyet was commendable because ultimately it cost him a thoroughly deserved testimonial against Liverpool at the Amex.

He'd be sweeping the roads without Gus

Is it still Shak running the place? He started running it in my time, remember bumping into him at the play-off final in Cardiff.

We bumped into him at Turf Moor a couple of years back, Shaka and my son reminiscing over the fall-out after Weald 1st XV games in the early 2000's. The evening after they'd won the Sussex Schools Cup in 2003 was particularly memorable. He's a great fella.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why did he leave in the end? He could have stayed here for years!
He decided his love for being in Gus' Gang was greater than his desire to be loyal to the albion.

And who can blame him for falling for Gus' beguiling charisma ? :lolol:

Earlsfield Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
We bumped into him at Turf Moor a couple of years back, Shaka and my son reminiscing over the fall-out after Weald 1st XV games in the early 2000's. The evening after they'd won the Sussex Schools Cup in 2003 was particularly memorable. He's a great fella.

Fantastic memories - I was in the Weald 1st XV team that won the sussex cup in 1996, we celebrated long into the night at The Arms then too... Good guy Shak.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He decided his love for being in Gus' Gang was greater than his desire to be loyal to the albion.

I don't think we will ever get the full story from either Team Albion or Team Poyet but on reflection Charlie himself and the loss of his well deserved testimonial game would be classed as collateral damage.

Hopefully one day this blatant wrong will be righted and he will finally get his game.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Charlie's desire to be loyal to the Albion was not matched by the Albion's desire to be loyal to him. Unless you think suspending him and subjecting him to an internal disciplinary enquiry - at which their star witness decided at the last minute against giving evidence - counts as loyalty.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He has internationally recognised qualifications, whereas you just have an opinion.

The value of an opinion varies enormously from those informed by experience and considered reasoning to those prompted by gut reaction and a fast, flappy gob.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Charlie's desire to be loyal to the Albion was not matched by the Albion's desire to be loyal to him. Unless you think suspending him and subjecting him to an internal disciplinary enquiry - at which their star witness decided at the last minute against giving evidence - counts as loyalty.
Well I was actually thinking of matters before the season ended.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here