Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Knew that was coming. Yes they most certainly are.

We do not generate enough revenue as a club outside of tv money. Its all ffp. Hence thenew stand. Our owners have buckets of cash, thats not the issue. Weve spent massivly last couple of seasons - bought our way out of trouble and its worked. Unfortunately it appears we are now paying for it. I can really profess to understanding fully the accounting at Palace. Havent we been persecuted for wrecklessness before? Of course we could go out and break ffp rules like Bournemouth for example. Our wage bill is also pretty ****ed so this also needs to be remedied. Whats the alternative, sell Zaha and massively limit our first 11 or take the money and sign a few lesser players. Keep Zaha I say all day long.

"I can really profess to understanding fully the accounting at Palace"?

Maybe you can explain it to the rest of us then.

Where's the £100m gone?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Come on mate, think even you can identify the error here. ‘Would/wouldn’t’.
It was a cheap shot and probably unnecessary seeing as taking the piss out of Palace is like shooting fish in a barrel at the moment. So I apologise.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think he is ready to go, but not necessarily desperate to go. I also think the £70m fee being asked for is mad and they will be very lucky if they receive it, then again they might value him that high as they don't want to sell him.

70 million for Winifred? Even the most rabid Palace fan knows he isn't worth half of that. My guess is that Winifred will give Palace the ultimatum that they accept a realistic offer or he will go on a work to rule which might mean staying on his feet and bollocking to the points his penaltis win.

albionite

May 20, 2009
70 million for Winifred? Even the most rabid Palace fan knows he isn't worth half of that. My guess is that Winifred will give Palace the ultimatum that they accept a realistic offer or he will go on a work to rule which might mean staying on his feet and bollocking to the points his penaltis win.

I think you are forgetting how deluded they are. Had a quick look at Holmsdale and they want minimum £100 m for him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

If I'm honest I think he will stay for this season, but I they will get about £50m for him, as not many teams can pay that and even then not all of them rate him at that.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Mummy! The nasty boy said a horrid word to me!

Grow a pair and try actually answering a question directly. You're a Palace fan on a Brighton forum and you're crying about being insulted. Do you realise how pathetic that is?

"Internet tough guy"? I didn't realise that that was the new name for telling the truth.

Can you tell me what question it is I'm not answering directly?
I'm not crying about being insulted at all, if you think I care in the slightest that a stranger on the internet is trying to insult affects me in anyway then you are sadly mistaken, I just said the choice of word was not very nice. The fact this went straight over your head speaks volumes.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was informed by a Palace fan that he has turned down an improved offer, because he wants to stay loyal to the club and isn't interested in making more money. Strugglingly with this !!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No one will swoop for him .

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I was informed by a Palace fan that he has turned down an improved offer, because he wants to stay loyal to the club and isn't interested in making more money. Strugglingly with this !!!

Think it was sky or some sky reporter I think. The report was he didn’t want to cost the club any more money. I mean god love him, but... yeah nah.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can you tell me what question it is I'm not answering directly?
I'm not crying about being insulted at all, if you think I care in the slightest that a stranger on the internet is trying to insult affects me in anyway then you are sadly mistaken, I just said the choice of word was not very nice. The fact this went straight over your head speaks volumes.
WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here