Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pau Lopez - 3rd Choice Keeper

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
In talks per SSN.

BREAKING: @OfficialBHAFC in talks with @RCDEspanyol over a move for goalkeeper Pau Lopez - Sky sources #SSN

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm quite excited by this. Admittedly I'd never heard of him 12 hours ago, but...

The Spurs fans linked to earlier in the thread all seemed very positive about him and wanted to sign him even though they have one excellent and one good keeper on the books. They were happy enough to let Vorm go if they did sign Lopez and seeing as Vorm is better than what we currently have it implies that Pau is also better than what we have. I'm IN on this deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing at all. All Summer long we have been looking for 3 keepers to challenge for the shirt.

Has that been the plan, I genuinely don't know.
I figured the club were looking for good quality cover for Ryan, hence my surprise at a mutli-million pound offer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Has that been the plan, I genuinely don't know.
I figured the club were looking for good quality cover for Ryan, hence my surprise at a mutli-million pound offer.
Its certainly been the plan to have 3 keepers in the 25 capable of doing a job if called upon. I guess we wouldve liked Stockdale to be one of the 3.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What's wrong with Maenpaa?
Feel bad for the guy myself.

Not good enough would be my guess, that's why he's never been number 1 here, the coaching staff have had long enough to look at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I suspect Lopez if he signs will be the competition for first choice with Maenpaa as back up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its certainly been the plan to have 3 keepers in the 25 capable of doing a job if called upon. I guess we wouldve liked Stockdale to be one of the 3.

I find it hard to believe the plan was to spend £10m in the process.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
But Vorm is SMALLER than Matt Ryan and most people seem to think that Ryan is crap because he is too small...

Not according to wikipedia.

Regarding goalkeepers height and their ability to prevent goals. Clearly none of us would be happy with a 5 ft keeper so clearly height is an issue as far as any keepers are concerned. Where the boundary lies for being too short is the issue. I would suggest that less than 6ft probably is an issue in modern day football.

Having said that, Ryan's errors are mostly handling so far.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
According to the Corriere dello Sport, we've had a bid accepted of 8 million Euros for Roma keeper Lukasz Skorupski (on loan to Empokli) but player has turned us down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont understand why we are chasing a young keeper when we have Walton on loan at Wigan I would have expected us to have gone for an old keeper nearing retirement like Shay Given as he may never be needed to actually play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I dont understand why we are chasing a young keeper when we have Walton on loan at Wigan I would have expected us to have gone for an old keeper nearing retirement like Shay Given as he may never be needed to actually play.

Spot on. With Casper retired and Sanchez coming through, a wise old head would be preferable in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here