Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Athletics Championships London 2017

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I really enjoy the athletics but seeing Gatlin there is simply a digrace. Lord Coe has to get his shit together and deal with this nonsnse.If you're caught taking drugs you can **** off for good.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I really enjoy the athletics but seeing Gatlin there is simply a digrace. Lord Coe has to get his shit together and deal with this nonsnse.If you're caught taking drugs you can **** off for good.

I don't really follow Athletics but I was listening to Seb Coe being interviewed on Radio 4 the other morning, ahead of the World Championships. Inevitably, one question was, "how can the people watching believe what they are seeing?"

Coe started going on about some Integrity Programme he has introduced and the fact that athletics has never been cleaner etc, and then I turn on the telly tonight and watch Jason Galtin - caught and banned twice for doping - qualify for the 100m final. What a farce.

At least the crowd had the decency to boo him even if the governing body don't seem to care about any integrity in their sport.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't really follow Athletics but I was listening to Seb Coe being interviewed on Radio 4 the other morning, ahead of the World Championships. Inevitably, one question was, "how can the people watching believe what they are seeing?"

Coe started going on about some Integrity Programme he has introduced and the fact that athletics has never been cleaner etc, and then I turn on the telly tonight and watch Jason Galtin - caught and banned twice for doping - qualify for the 100m final. What a farce.

At least the crowd had the decency to boo him even if the governing body don't seem to care about any integrity in their sport.

His name is actually Justin but i would be very happy never to hear his name again unless it's to announce that all his medals have been rescinded.

Yoda

English & European
As a former Athlete (County/Inter-County Level), I've been saying for years the ban needs to be at least 4 years from when you are caught, making sure they are guaranteed to miss one Olympics and two World Championships. with regular testing during that ban if they plan on training throughout for when their time is up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gatlin booed loudly when he walked out, everyone else got good receptions...Bolt's was deafening.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whether Bolt does the job here or not, what an incredible career he has had.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope they take every single sample they can from Gatlin, before he leaves the stadium. Urine, blood, hair etc.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Coe started going on about some Integrity Programme he has introduced and the fact that athletics has never been cleaner etc, and then I turn on the telly tonight and watch Justin Galtin - caught and banned twice for doping - qualify for the 100m final. What a farce.

Well that worked out well then, Seb :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here