Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying concert tickets via Gumtree / eBay

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Anyone got any experience of buying concert tickets via third party sites like Gumtree or eBay?

I'm trying to find some tickets for a sold out Phil Collins gig for the wife. I've managed to find a pair for something pretty close to face value on Gumtree, however I have an slightly trepidatious about buying this way. A few questions:

- If I pay via PayPal, is there any way to protect myself if the tickets fail to transpire?

- I'm told that the tickets state that photo ID will be required on admission, however the tickets will of course not have my name on them. Are these checks generally enforced?

- Alternatively, is there any way for the original ticket buyer to 'transfer' the tickets to me directly via Ticketmaster? The tickets are not due to be physically issued until a couple of weeks before the gig which is in June.

Thoughts and advice appreciated!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You can't buy/sell tickets on eBay.

With the Gumtree ad, can't you arrange to collect in person?

The seller may have physical tickets or e-tickets which can be emailed. What does the ad say?

Finally, try Twickets. It's the best.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the ticket says photo id this is checked. The only way round this is if you go into the venue with the person who brought the tickets. So if they have 4 tickets and are selling 2 to you if you met up outside and go in together they only check the lead photo id.
If you are just sent the 2 tickets and left to yourown devices the tickets are worthless

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
- I'm told that the tickets state that photo ID will be required on admission, however the tickets will of course not have my name on them. Are these checks generally enforced?

If they ask to see your photo ID, you could always burst into:

So take a look at me now, oh there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
Just the memory of your face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here