Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Championship games.

larus

I think today may have been enough in terms of overhauling us for automatic. Assuming 89 points needed for auto's they can only drop another 17. Looking a their fixtures I can't see any way they can do that

In fact looking at fixtures I'm not even sure I'd bet on them making play offs (window aside)

I think they have a very good squad, IMO better than Reading and Huddersfield. I feel they will comfortably make the play-offs and also Fulham. As for the other 2 places, tough to call. I though Huddersfield would fade, but they still keep firmly in the play-offs.

As for their fixtures, we've all got to play everyone else once more (ignoring those who have played 24 now).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think today may have been enough in terms of overhauling us for automatic. Assuming 89 points needed for auto's they can only drop another 17. Looking a their fixtures I can't see any way they can do that

In fact looking at fixtures I'm not even sure I'd bet on them making play offs (window aside)

Is it Derby that have most of the top teams away still?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's weird this league. Only a couple of months ago Norwich & Newcastle looked like running away with it. Now look at Norwich - they won't get top 2 almost certainly!

larus

Fantastic day of results for us, really - apart from Newcastle, nobody in the top half (actually the top 13) scored more than one point this weekend! Norwich could, I suppose, change that later this evening - but really not bothered about that.

18 point gap. I really don't consider them now. Bloody frightening how good we've become over the last couple of seasons when you really think about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sheff Wednesday were really poor today apparently

Yes, a friend of mine is a Preston fan, and posted this on Facebook at half time -
me; I hope you win. him; We'll try out best. They don't look up to much at the moment, famous last words!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looking better

head.JPG

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Preston should have won and easily. Good width, some good creative players (McGeady, Robinson) , defended stoutly, though not clinical enough in the box - certainly Deepdale looks no place for complacency.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's weird this league. Only a couple of months ago Norwich & Newcastle looked like running away with it. Now look at Norwich - they won't get top 2 almost certainly!

Not quite true.

Two months ago we were second with Newcastle top.

Three months ago, Huddersfield were top. Norwich were second but Newcastle were just point behind and we were one behind them in fourth.

Norwich were top four months ago street just nine games, three points ahead of us. Newcastle were behind us at that point.

Norwich haven't really been very far ahead apart from in the early games.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watching the 2nd half of Brentford Norwich. Norwich are absolute turd, they just look like a mid table team.

Think yourself lucky you didn't watch the first half. T'was no better.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not quite true.

Two months ago we were second with Newcastle top.

Three months ago, Huddersfield were top. Norwich were second but Newcastle were just point behind and we were one behind them in fourth.

Norwich were top four months ago street just nine games, three points ahead of us. Newcastle were behind us at that point.

Norwich haven't really been very far ahead apart from in the early games.

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here