Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Omar will forever be a hero of mine for scoring arguably three of the most important goals in Town's history - the winner in last season's play-off semi final and then two in the space of a minute in the final which all but sent us up (and me a bit doolally).

As an earlier poster suggested, he's got everything. He's big, strong, quick, tricky and scores all types of goals - headers, free kicks, tap-ins, thirty-yarders, you name it. This game against Stevenage earlier in the season, where he scored 3 and made 2, gives you a pretty good idea what he's about:

https://youtu.be/9CrvFCYOAMw

He is a confidence player though and he had a rough spell last season in the Conference where he found himself out of the matchday squad for a few games before regaining his form. This season however he's gone from strength to strength and has been absolutely unplayable at times; if I'm not mistaken he's currently the top scorer in all four divisions with 16. There's every chance he'll have 20 by Christmas which would be some feat.

I think most Town fans are resigned to the fact we'll lose him in January, though we should at least get a decent fee for him with 18 months left on his contract. Giving it a wild guess, I reckon somewhere between £1.5m and £2.5m would do the trick.

I fully expect the Championship to be his next destination and I think given the right coaching and the necessary time to adjust he'll do well at that level. However, I'd question whether he's ready to make the step up to a club with aspirations, not to mention a real chance, of being a Premier League club next season. For me, he's probably more Brentford than Brighton at this moment in time...

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
Very strong rumours hes signed a pre contract with Fulham, was definitely at out training ground on transfer deadline day

Omar will forever be a hero of mine for scoring arguably three of the most important goals in Town's history - the winner in last season's play-off semi final and then two in the space of a minute in the final which all but sent us up (and me a bit doolally).

As an earlier poster suggested, he's got everything. He's big, strong, quick, tricky and scores all types of goals - headers, free kicks, tap-ins, thirty-yarders, you name it. This game against Stevenage earlier in the season, where he scored 3 and made 2, gives you a pretty good idea what he's about:

https://youtu.be/9CrvFCYOAMw

He is a confidence player though and he had a rough spell last season in the Conference where he found himself out of the matchday squad for a few games before regaining his form. This season however he's gone from strength to strength and has been absolutely unplayable at times; if I'm not mistaken he's currently the top scorer in all four divisions with 16. There's every chance he'll have 20 by Christmas which would be some feat.

I think most Town fans are resigned to the fact we'll lose him in January, though we should at least get a decent fee for him with 18 months left on his contract. Giving it a wild guess, I reckon somewhere between £1.5m and £2.5m would do the trick.

I fully expect the Championship to be his next destination and I think given the right coaching and the necessary time to adjust he'll do well at that level. However, I'd question whether he's ready to make the step up to a club with aspirations, not to mention a real chance, of being a Premier League club next season. For me, he's probably more Brentford than Brighton at this moment in time...

Thanks- yes I think those are realistic valuations of yours

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sounds like a great player but one who needs to play. Don't think we'd spend that money to send him back for 6 months and then use him next year in the Champ....... whilst he be ideal replacing Murray (unless was signed). We are headed for the Prem and whilst the lad might be an excellent investment, I think yeah a mid table Champ side will see that 18 months of goals and then 12 million valuation rather than us.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He does look pretty good on those clips, but from what I've seen, he does reminds me slightly of Assombalonga. His poise, first touch and technique doesn't look outstanding. We need strikers with that extra bit of class. Not sure Bogle possess that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Matt Taylor of Bristol Rovers looks like the best striker outside the top 2 divisions. He looks a class act.

0.38 seconds, 1.10 secs and 1 min 57 secs of this video is precisely what we're in need of.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We dont do strikers. Probably best to let this thread sink down the board.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
He does look pretty good on those clips, but from what I've seen, he does reminds me slightly of Assombalonga. His poise, first touch and technique doesn't look outstanding. We need strikers with that extra bit of class. Not sure Bogle possess that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Matt Taylor of Bristol Rovers looks like the best striker outside the top 2 divisions. He looks a class act.

0.38 seconds, 1.10 secs and 1 min 57 secs of this video is precisely what we're in need of.

looks good, but so did CMS in L1.....he won't get so much time or slack marking in the Championship.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely what you say when you've been rooting about in your nostrils and pull out something sizeable on the end of your finger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here