Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have your new tickets arrived (1901)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ours have just arrived in a huge and expensive box that probably cost more than the value of the coffee which is no longer free.

By the way, do I wear the lanyard around my neck with nothing attached to it then keep the ticket card in my wallet?
Max and Paddy got very grumpy with me when I took my card out of the lanyard ready to pay at the bar when E-Cash was a thing. So I had to take the card out of the lanyard to swipe in, put it back in to get past the bouncers and then take it out again to pay. There are some very petty rules. The dress code is a joke in our lounge as people wear jeans and polo shirts/casual shirts which is OK. Daft that I wear cheap jeans but £200 trainers are not allowed. It doesn't make people wear suits so seems daft. Would make much more sense if they made platinum the corporate bit and were a bit more relaxed in Gold.

haggis

Aug 1, 2014
Ours have just arrived in a huge and expensive box that probably cost more than the value of the coffee which is no longer free.

By the way, do I wear the lanyard around my neck with nothing attached to it then keep the ticket card in my wallet?

Same here. The box that it arrived in must have cost more than ten teas or coffees at least. Not to mention the extra postage.
We have to use the plastic carriers that were issued 5 Years ago to put the tickets in.
Customer service! The incompetents that they put in our lounge (old Juice) can't cope with pouring a pint how are they going to manage extra teas and coffees.
The club need to be reminded that the 1901 Club pay a premium for 12 months of the year. A guaranteed income. Don@ try and escape through "it's not in the contract". It was a verbal contract when we joined and were assured that free tea and coffee along with a programme was part of the package. We have lost friendly games and tea and coffee, WHAT NEXT?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No friendlies, no tea or coffee, but I did get a nice new lapel badge which I shall wear with great pride. It will at least make it easier for all the rotters in the cheap seats to see WHO I AM and get their dirty faces out of my way.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Same here. The box that it arrived in must have cost more than ten teas or coffees at least. Not to mention the extra postage.
We have to use the plastic carriers that were issued 5 Years ago to put the tickets in.
Customer service! The incompetents that they put in our lounge (old Juice) can't cope with pouring a pint how are they going to manage extra teas and coffees.
The club need to be reminded that the 1901 Club pay a premium for 12 months of the year. A guaranteed income. Don@ try and escape through "it's not in the contract". It was a verbal contract when we joined and were assured that free tea and coffee along with a programme was part of the package. We have lost friendly games and tea and coffee, WHAT NEXT?

Totally agree. Very poor PR by club. Are plastic carriers for sale in club shop?
Attended Lazio game and moved to old Bupa lounge. Chaos at halftime as you needed to buy a tea/coffe token at bar. Guess what - bar overwhelmed, would have missed start of second half if I wanted a coffee

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Totally agree. Very poor PR by club. Are plastic carriers for sale in club shop?
Attended Lazio game and moved to old Bupa lounge. Chaos at halftime as you needed to buy a tea/coffe token at bar. Guess what - bar overwhelmed, would have missed start of second half if I wanted a coffee

"We have removed the ability to watch the whole second half as a free offering after it scored low on members' overall feedback in terms of importance. Historically this service was provided free of charge by the club, but was never part of the original 1901 Club package. "

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
My fist thought ms this am were also how many coffees would that box and badge that I can't imagine ever wearing cost?

I also don't recall any survey asking me on the importance of this. However, I suggest we start our own survey on 1901 priorities. Free Harvey's comes above everything else

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Post arrived and still no BHA 1901 club package, no problem, i will call that number on the email, well its be ringing now for 55 minutes and no one answering. Cant be bothered now, lost 3 fans going tonight. I love this club, but some times this attitude of 'not our fault' is totally insulting to the average fan, it is your fault Mr Barber, please accept your club cocked up big time and do not blame everyone apart from the awful admin that exists within the organisation.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Please please tell me this isn't true. What the hell is the point.

And a badge to wear? Who the **** is going to wear that? That could have paid for teas and coffees for half the season! Good grief, they are completely clueless about what we want.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Finally arrived this AM, however parking permit omitted (though resolved following discussion).

These should have been sent on 1/8/16 or 2 weeks before the first game.

I would echo the comments on the pointless badge and the luxurious packaging, though in reality they probably cost very little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
No, my tickets/pack/box/lanyard have not yet arrived. I am simply contributing to this thread as I hope it will challenge the 'Calleri' or 'Van dijk' threads for longevity and....................it gives me a chance to add to the rants.
I simply do not believe the excuse given by Mr. Barber about fans losing their tickets so not posting them earlier - pathetic - and as an old teacher I know what happens when you blame the whole group instead of the individual at fault. Why tar us all with the same brush and simply just penalise those who are unfortunate/stupid enough to lose their cards?
I know its all been said before but what with the tea/coffee situation and the transport problems ( I acknowledge this is not down to the club) our '1901 experience' has taken a severe knock and it will take a lot to restore faith in the commercial /financial side.
Perhaps Mr. Barber will be standing us all to a free drink or two at the 'Special Event' on the 8th September?
I look forward to being able to 'chat' with 1901 club representatives .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just got in to find a Royal Mail card saying an item was too big for my letterbox. I can collect it from tomorrow. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Just been told by the club (after finally getting through) that no car park permits are coming as we have to reapply for a pass for 4 gold members, as 'it got stupid and out of hand by previous Sales guys' .So again, do not tell us this and wait till the day of the game, they will send us a form ?, hopefully not in the post as the mailing company might lose. No problems, I can get the train over tonight, if I decide to go.....oh hang on a minute. So buy a 1901, agree terms and then bit by bit they are taking away the perks.

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
So whats the point in having a lanyard, card but no plastic wallet to put the card in? These are the first 1901 tickets I have bought, we are going to look a bit silly wearing the lanyard that we are told we have to wear with nothing attached to it.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Please please tell me this isn't true. What the hell is the point.

And a badge to wear? Who the **** is going to wear that? That could have paid for teas and coffees for half the season! Good grief, they are completely clueless about what we want.

Hove Born'n'Bred will be happy though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also not got our tickets or parking passes. Here's what supporter services said today, in case it's of use:

"Season tickets and parking passes for 1901 members were despatched last week and are due to arrive with supporters within the next 2 days.

If you are attending the Colchester Cup game tomorrow and the card still has not arrived in tomorrows post, please contact us on 0344 324 6282 (option 6) and we can arrange a match ticket to be left in the collections booth in the ticket office in North Stand, or alternatively – we could send through a PDF for you to print@home if the card is still not there tomorrow.

In regards to parking if this is included in your package, we will place you on the dupes list for parking which is then issued to the steward on the gate of the car park."

Sounds like they already have :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got in to find a Royal Mail card saying an item was too big for my letterbox. I can collect it from tomorrow. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just heard exactly the same from another 1901er. They surely must have realised this might be a problem.

I am heading home to check mine with zero confidence it will be there.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
Trouble is they are too big for the letter box so if you're not in they are likely to go back to the royal mail....for collection tomorrow! ��

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've read that back a couple of times now Phil, and I'm still not sure if you're being ironic.

You pay HOW much for 1901 ? And you actually don't expect to receive any customer service ??

I was rather poking fune at the fact that there is not much to call customer service, certainly not on match days, if you bring it up with the management it's generally it's a case of like it or lump it, I have the emails to corroborate this. Without a doubt the most incapable bar staff in Brighton and the surrounding area are employed in our lounge, the glasses are often dirty, the staff hand over drinks with their fingers inside the glasses, they don't know how to operate pumps, optics or tills. They can't work the contactless, they still tell us they don't accept Amex cards on a regular basis. When asked for two and a half pints of Heineken we were honestly told 'we don't do that size glasses, only pints and halves'. And it has got worse year on year since we moved to the Amex.
There are some plus points obviously, otherwise I wouldn't still do it, but customer service, I really don't think it's particularly high on their priority list.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Hooray !! Postman is coming - it's 14.00 on matchday - just under 6 hours to kick-off

No ****ing tickets

What a sorry shambles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here