Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You Be The Ref - Bournemouth's disallowed goal

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
If the guy had been standing on the centre circle and the keeper punted the ball three feet off the ground, hit him on the arse and the same scenario played out (let's say the striker has lightning speed) then surely it would've been a goal. If that is the case then at what distance does he have to stand with his back turned to the keeper for him to be blocking him?
The keeper was at fault, he had many yards either side of the striker to kick the ball. He was either pants at kicking or deliberately playing silly buggers by kicking the ball at the player.
Either way I expect he won't do it again, just incase!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Is there not an issue that the keeper deliberately kicked the ball at the attacker with force? Alex Ferguson would view that as attempted murder surely?

Whether or not the goal should be allowed is one thing, but not sure the yellow card was needed at all..

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I didn't see what I was expecting to see!

Although my refereeing days are at an end, I would have allowed the goal. The Bournemouth player did not move. The keeper decided to kick it at him when he certainly didn't need to. If the keeper had moved and the Bournemouth player moved as well, then that would be different.

Shocking decision...........but then it was Lee Mason...............League Two for him Saturday?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Why should the goalie have to waste his own time changing direction? The onus is on Wilson to get out of the goalie's way, according to the laws of the game.

Ref got it spot on and applied the rules accurately.

Sorry - where in the Laws of the game does it say that an attacking player must get out of the goalkeepers way?

D

Deleted member 22389

**** them. Bournemouth had a ridiculous red card decision go for them in the first minute of their game against Watford a few weeks ago.

Well said, fing bournemouth. Hope we beat them.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The player knew EXACTLY what he was doing by getting in the way.

The Player was not in the goalkeepers way, he was 10 yards away with his back to him and the keeper ran in the direction of the player then released the ball when only 2 yard away in the direction of the player.
How is this the fault of the non attacking player?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The Player was not in the goalkeepers way, he was 10 yards away with his back to him and the keeper ran in the direction of the player then released the ball when only 2 yard away in the direction of the player.
How is this the fault of the non attacking player?

Moore was standing ready
Wilson walked past him and stood side-on 4yds away, not 10.
Moore took a slight step towards the far touchline.
Wilson mirrored this.
Moore took a slight step back towards the centre of the pen area.
Wilson mirrored this.
As Moore was taking the kick, Wilson then turned his back on him.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Moore was standing ready
Wilson walked past him and stood side-on 4yds away, not 10.
Moore took a slight step towards the far touchline.
Wilson mirrored this.
Moore took a slight step back towards the centre of the pen area.
Wilson mirrored this.
As Moore was taking the kick, Wilson then turned his back on him.

Disagree, When the keeper was 10 yards away, at that distance a step to either to the left or to the right would have meant by the time the keeper reached him he would have been several yards away.
The keeper made a deliberate run at the player.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Disagree, When the keeper was 10 yards away, at that distance a step to either to the left or to the right would have meant by the time the keeper reached him he would have been several yards away.
The keeper made a deliberate run at the player.

At no point were they 10 yds apart. Five at the most.
Wilson mirrored Moore's movement twice.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
At no point were they 10 yds apart. Five at the most.
Wilson mirrored Moore's movement twice.

Your highlighting what you consider to be the main points but ignoring mine.

Yes the player mirrored the keepers moves, but once the keeper initiated to play the ball he remained still, he did not at any time try to obstruct the keeper from releasing the ball.
The keeper made the deliberate point of running towards the player when there was no reason to do so. why would he do this, what was his motive?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You agreed that Wilson moved with Moore. That is hindrance enough for an offence.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You agreed that Wilson moved with Moore. That is hindrance enough for an offence.

The keeper made the deliberate point of running towards the player when there was no reason to do so. why would he do this, what was his motive?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There was no reason for Wilson to be standing where he was. What was HIS motive?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The movement is irrelevant. Where in the laws of the game does it say that? It doesn't. It just says you are not allowed to impede the kick. He does impeded the kick. Moving or standing still is irrelevant,

Ok, you may claim keepers get too much protection and that the keeper was free to go elsewhere, but that is not the point. The point is what the laws state.

Whilst not disagreeing with you, how far can keeper run to an opposing playing and claim the player impeding him?
The keeper ran at the player not the other way around.
If the keeper physically runs into the player and falls down is he being fouled because the player was in his way?

Whilst not disagreeing with you, how far can keeper run to an opposing playing and claim the player impeding him?

This is the crux of the problem of giving a foul for me - if him being "in the way", without physical contact, is enough to give a foul, where do you draw the line? If he'd been two yards further back, would that have been okay? What about 5 yards? Or another 10 yards?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here